Turn of Tides
August 13, 2019
Return of Them Hotfix
- Added some variation to the edge of the world (sorry, this will not retrofit into existing beta worlds)
- Refactored the boat-tracking camera to work with setting other follow target on the camera
- The player should no longer get stun-locked while drowning
- Walls, Fences, and Sign Posts no longer jitter while on moving boats
- Minimap now reflects the edge of the world.
- Fixed Cave Worm Attacks warning sounds
- Notes for modders:
- FocalPoint:PushTempFocus() is now fully deprecated
- The EmbarkerCameraController component has been removed
- FocalPoint:StartFocusSource and StopFocusSource got a number of improvements and should now fully work as you’d expect them too
- Please remove the nointerpolate tag from any structures (this tag will cause objects to jitter while on moving boats)
August 9, 2019
- Fixed a crash while drowning
- Fixed characters jittering on the client while watching other clients hop on and off boats.
- Fixed a small camera dip while hopping on and off boats.
- Fixed anchor disappearing when in use.
- Fixed missing seastack textures.
August 8, 2019
- Added waterfall world edge
August 7, 2019
- Fixed the depth worms in caves
August 6, 2019
- Fixed the missing hound sounds
- Reduced the amount of Seastacks and improved their world gen layout (this will be retrofitted into existing worlds)
- Fixed the mouse not being able to click near the top of tall objects (like the Mast) while in certain locations in the world
- Improved handling if the player is interrupted while hopping onto a boat.
- Platform hopping is now blocked if a blocker object is in the way of the hopping path.
- Bees no longer plant flowers in the ocean.
- Fixed a bug with the sail raising that cause the player to walk or use something behind the sail instead of “heave ho”ing on the second pull.
- Added Seastack art variation.
July 26, 2019
- Fixed the mast placer when on a boat, shows green when placement is ok now
- Mast direction can be controlled when placing on land by rotating the camera
- Fixed the anchor animation getting stuck in a dropping loop
- Fixed a crash when too many items were spawned in the world.
- Brought in Warly
- Fixed the placer image for the mast.
- Fixed some issues with mast and anchor on land
- Fixed an issue with the anchor getting stuck
- Fixed crash that could occur when a character despawns after having jumped on a boat
- Fixed a crash with boattrailmover
- Fixed a crash when the mast is burned
- A possible fix for caves worlds failing to load.
July 24, 2019
- Sailing has been revised
- Hauling up an anchor takes more time, but multiple players can help.
- Sails can be furled quickly with the right timing.
- Steering must be maintained until the heading is set.
- Steering is faster with less speed.
- Boat has been made more durable (small bumps do less or no damage, harder to spring a leak)
- Ocean Biomes have new art
- Seastacks can be broken and mined
- Camera now follows the boat when the player is on a boat.
- Can now drop things onto the water.
July 17, 2019
- Retrofitting of non-beta worlds is now supported
- Retrofitted the ocean pathfinding support into existing beta worlds
- Lune Trees will now repopulate, should the player decide to clear-cut them (Note: Unfortunately this will not work with retrofitted non-beta worlds)
- Fixed a crash with the fossilized fx
- Fixed boomerang animations over water
- Telltale Hearts can no longer be traded to ghosts that are floating over the ocean
- The Bearger no longer chases its targets indefinitely, and should drop an out of reach target more quickly.
- The Deerclops is now also wary of targets that it cannot reach.
July 11, 2019
- Fixes a crash when building structures
- Overhauled performing actions, including walking, while on a boat to properly handle the moving platform and lag.
- Improved pathfinding through water for flying and amphibious creatures (only on newly generated worlds)
- Fixed a bug where the players could end up washing ashore on the small islands or somewhere in the ocean
- Fixed a crash when a player leaves shortly after a Gestalt was spawned
- Projectiles launched/thrown (eg Waterballoon, Ice Flingomatic Snowballs) while on a moving boat will now inherit the boat’s velocity
- The Waterballoon and Ice Flingomatic’s snowballs no longer bounce off the edge of boats or the land/ocean physics boundaries
- Fixed a bug where Lazy Explorer/Wortox teleports could miss a moving boat
- Burned Carrats now drop Cooked Seeds instead of Ash
- The Bearger can now charge at targets it is chasing (restored behaviour from single player Don’t Starve)
- Change Bearger and Spider Queen AI while their target is on a boat
July 3, 2019
- Fixed the crash in the wardrobe
- Fixed an issue that caused servers to slow down over time and slightly improved performance.
- Fixed an issue with deployed masts not rotating correctly
- Fixed ghosts not colliding with the wall boundaries in the caves
- Fixed inspect string for the dug up saplings found on the island
- Fixed missing Carrat murder sound
June 28, 2019
- Non-flying critters can now hop onto boats. (There is currently a known issue where physically blocking them can allow them to walk on water.)
- Fixed Wardrobe crashing with a mod character. (Alternate character modes may still not appear correctly for mod characters.)
- Fixed Mast animation.
- Items deconstructed with the deconstruction staff on boats will no longer disappear like they've fallen into the void.
June 27, 2019
- Updated wardrobe to be cycle through different states of the character. Normal, Ghost, Mighty, Bloomed, etc.
- Fixed a crash when baby beefalo are killed while following an adult beefalo
- Fixed a crash when the shadowhand tries to put out a fire (may fix other crashes as well)
- Fixed mermbrain targeting crash
- Modified the flare overlay effect to display better on non-standard screen sizes
June 26, 2019
- Projectiles should no longer get stuck on the shoreline edge.
- Masts should no longer be deployable on water. Currently, they still display as red when placing them on a boat.
- Disabling distortion should now also disable the zoom blur lunacy effect.
- Fixed a few bugs with the Steering Wheel
- Island spiders' spike sounds are no longer missing
- Fixed a crash when raising an anchor placed on land
- Removed the world-generated invisible boat fragments
- Updated a number of creatures to stop chasing bait or food that's on the water
- Fixed the boat health meter not being visible when loading onto a boat as a client
- Bull kelp roots can now be planted in the ocean
- Boats should no longer be able to trap bull kelp inside of them when deploying
- Dying on the edge of boats, with a large inventory, should no longer cause the boat to start moving
June 18, 2019
- Boats should no longer be deployable in the void.
- Walking around the boat using a controller and having an oar equipped should no longer sometimes show the word “boat” instead of “row”.
- Fixed some bugs when using a controller to row.
- Attempting to deploy items such as a mast or anchor should no longer fail when doing so on a moving boat.
- Masts can no longer be placed so close together.
- Masts are slightly faster.
- New embark sounds.
- New mast deploy sound.
- New steering wheel sound.
- New sounds for mutated hounds, carrats, and saladmanders.
- Fixed incorrect string when launching boat using a controller.
- Boats can no longer be deployed on top of floating items.
- Player should no longer get interrupted when beginning to jump or landing on a boat.
- Player should now animate when steering using a controller.
- Boats can now be placed using a controller.
- Player should no longer walk away from the steering wheel when clicking on an unlit area.
- Spiders should now spawn from spider dens when placed on a boat.
- Fire effect when steering wheel is burning should no longer be layered behind the player.
- Fixed missing Driftwood Oar description.
- Wardrobe now uses the same layout as found in the Item Collection and Lobby screens for skin selection.
- Fixed a crash related to shadow hands
- Wormwood's craftable items now have floating visual effects
- Winona's Generator/G.E.M.erator can now only power devices on the same platform as them
- Projectile attacks in the caves should no longer get stuck on edges
- Oars now burn, and can be used as fuel
- Wormwood should now properly be affected by lune trees, driftwood trees, and rock fruit bushes
- Bunnymen, Pigs, and Guardian Pigs can now hop onto boats
- Werebeaver can now use planks to abandon ship. There is currently a missing animation on clients that we are investigating.
June 10, 2019
- Fixed players occasionally falling into the ocean while walking on land
- Telelocator Staff no longer randomly targets the small islands off the coast of the Luna Island
- Players no longer drown while out of bounds (in the void). This is for mod support.
- Suspicious Marbles will now only spawn on the mainland (new worlds only)
- Fixed a crash on shutdown
- Abigail's flower should no longer randomly get wet or float on the ground
- Improved shadow hand behaviour for fires on moving boats
- Fixed rendering of Enlightenment fx on old video cards.
- Rendering optimizations
- Updated world generation animation
- Added strings for Wormood inspecting the Mothling
- Fixed inventory icon for Bull Kelp Stalk
June 7, 2019
- Wormwood is now available in the beta
- Players can no longer board boats while mounted or heavy lifting
- Telelocator Focus can no longer be built on boats
- Tweaked Seafaring recipes
- Fixed players getting stuck while entering or exiting boats as they break apart
- Fixed crash when multiple players try to use the walking plank at the same time
- Lune Tree Blossoms can now be haunted
- Fixed extra Big Tentacles from spawning in and around the Atrium area (newly generated worlds only)
- New Driftwood Oar
- Followers no longer abandon the player when their follower items are picked up on boats
- More lunacy effect optimization to fix issues with it running on low end hardware.
June 4, 2019
- Fixed turning invisible while riding a Beefalo and hopping on/off a boat
- Fixed drowning while mounted or holding heavy objects
- Fixed world gen crash with certain presets
- Hounds no longer spawn outside the bounds of the world
- Fixed crash caused by Bat Bat Infinite mod when opening Ornate Chests
- Moonrock Pengulls are no longer considered innocent creatures
- When a boat sinks, structures on it will now break accordingly
- The player should no longer randomly walk away from the steering wheel when setting a new heading.
- The player should no longer get stuck on the steering wheel when the boat is moving at faster speeds.
- Slightly increased the pickup range of objects lying on the water.
- Fixed boat health HUD indicator not being removed after dying on a boat.
- Bee boxes now work on boats.
- Burning a bee box no longer freezes the game.
- Added burnt art for the Mast, Steering Wheel and Anchor
May 29, 2019
- Fixed Caves world gen layout and cave Stairs (requires a new world)
- Fixed /rescue in caves
- Items going out of world in caves should behave as normal
- Steering Wheels on boats can now be hammered and burned.
- Creatures should no longer try to eat or pick up items in the ocean
- Flying creatures and hounds are no longer killed by sinking boats
- Fixed a bug where certain items lost their skins while floating
- Changed draw order for Wooden, Checkered, Scaled, and Carpeted Flooring
- Further optimized lunacy overlay effect.
- Fixed missing Werebeaver boat hop and sink animations.
- Fires that spawn on boat should no longer prevent things to be built around them if extinguished.
May 27, 2019
- Masts can now be hammered down and deconstructed
- Masts that are destroyed or burned down stop affecting their associated boat
- Birds in bird cages no longer disappear when reloading the world
- New art for leaks repaired with Trusty Tape
- Stone Fruit don't give more loot than their stack size anymore
- Stone fruit bushes no longer grow after being withered from picking them
- Unopened stone fruit and ripe stone fruit are now mole bait
- Fixed a starfish trap duplication bug
- Fixed a bath bomb duplication bug
- Moon trees now remain on fire when they grow
- Hot springs now glassify immediately during a full moon
- Star and Moon Caller's Staffs can now target locations over the water
- Fixed loss of stack when auto-equipping Bull Kelp Stock
- Fixed Antlion causing craters on boats
- You can now use 'wasd' to steer a boat when connected as a client.
- You can now bundle items on a boat.
- Buildings are a lot less likely to fall off a boat.
- Fixed another rendering issue with objects outside the world bounds.
- Oar takes a larger durability hit when rowing incorrectly.
- Optimized haunt shader so that it should once again run on pixel shader 2.0 hardware.
- Further optimized lunacy/post processing shaders.
- Boat fragments are now wet
May 22, 2019
- Fixed Set Pieces overlapping the water (requires regenerating your world)
- Wormholes should no longer spawn too close to the water
- Lazy Explorer/Wortox teleports now work on boats.
- Fixed crash when Tallbird Eggs hatch
- Fixed a bug where players would not drop all their items when they died on a boat.
- Fixed resurrecting a player if they died on a boat when their inventory was full.
- Hound waves now spawn at sea
- Oars are now a weapon
- Oars will auto-equip a new one when broken
- Woodie will no longer be stuck when turning into a beaver while using the steering wheel.
- Fixed Moon Glass Axe durability when fighting shadows
- Red Fungal, Green Fungal, Deciduous, and Desert turfs have their inventory images back
- Fixed placer art for Sprouting Stone Fruit and Stone Fruit Bush
- Hounds are now wet while swimming
- Fixed hound art while asleep in the water
- Moved some of the tuning values for boats to Tuning.lua to make them easier to mod.
- Fixed a rendering issue causing some mods, such as Basements, to not render properly.
- Equipment that reduce wetness now work on failed rowing attempts.
May 21, 2019
- Fixed boat health icon getting stuck open when jumping on and off a boat quickly
- Fixed crash when mods change the camera zoom limits
- Fixed crash when a steering wheel is removed while in use
- Fixed a crash when tall bird eggs try to hatch
- Fixed clients not being able to repair the boat.
- Fixed replanted/fertilized rock fruit bushes not growing or being affected by Applied Horticulture
- Fixed spoilage rate for Rock Fruit and tweaked loot chances
- Fixed Seawreath disappearing when dropped
- Houndius Shootius now renders correctly on boats
- Fixed Ocuvigil build on boats
- Fixed anchor and steering not saving/loading properly.
- Further optimized lunacy effect.
- Optimized ground/ocean shaders.
- Fixed not being able to place walls on the boat.
- Fixed tooth traps not being resettable
- Fixed Lucy possessing the Moon Glass Axe
- Fixed Werebeaver gnawing Rock Fruit
May 17, 2019
- Objects built on the edge of the boat should no longer get built on the water.
- Fixed equipped items not showing up
- Fixed boats getting stuck when the anchor is burnt
- Fixed crash when near Saladmanders with the ice hat on
- Fixed crash when the deerclops leaves
- Optimized lunacy overlay effect.
- Fixed missing beach turf inventory image
- Fixed crash when debug spawning wave effects in the caves
- Added mod release id “R08_ROT_TURNOFTIDES” to modders
May 16, 2019
- Fixed a crash when on or jumping onto a sinking boat
- Fixed a crash when hamming a Partially Assembled Altar
- Fixed overlap of beaverness and boat health hud meters
- Fixed chatter text when mining the Inviting Formations
- Fixed the Horror Hound spawning anim
- Changed oar inventory art
- Fixed crash that would occur when disabling lag compensation and using an oar.
- Fixed occasional crash when jumping onto a boat
- Fixed occasional when walking away from Gestalts
- Fixed Horror Hound spawning
- New art for the Seafaring crafting tab
- Added a new seafaring craft menu, accessible after building the Think Tank crafting station.
- Added a new multiplayer-centric boat mechanic, where players can build and deck out a boat for multiple survivors to travel together on
- Added a new island to explore