– Ghost Player
Most objects fall into a few categories of haunting effects, most of which are not particularly useful. A few entities have unusual haunt effects, which are often quite useful. Below are lists of known objects that can be haunted.
Inventory items that are not listed only have a chance to be launched a short distance away.
- Suspicious tracks will be investigated.
- Hounds have a 50% chance of changing type, randomly red or blue (they will never convert to normal hounds); they will panic after conversion.
- Mushrooms (in the ground) have a 25% chance of changing to another mushroom color.
- Pig Torches will receive fuel and spawn a Guardian Pig if one is not already out.
- Pigs (including Guardian Pigs) have a 25% chance of transforming into Werepigs. Post-transformation, they are stuck in a panic state permanently (this may be unintended).
- Flowers have a 50% chance of becoming Evil Flowers, and Petals have a 50% chance of being converted to Dark Petals (and a 25% chance of having spoilage increased 30%). Note that, due to a bug, this will reduce the stack size to 1.
- Picked mushrooms have a 10% chance of changing color and a 25% chance of having spoilage increased 30%. Note that, due to a bug, this will reduce the stack size to 1.
- Chilled Amulets have a 25% chance of chilling all nearby creatures by 0.67.
- Ice Staves have a 10% chance of chilling all nearby creatures by 1.
- Blueprints have a 50% chance of turning into a random blueprint within the same crafting tab (unknown blueprints may be turned into usable blueprints this way).
- Mosquitoes have a 25% chance of exploding.
- Rock Lobsters have a 25% chance of instantly gaining 500 seconds worth of growth.
- Telelocator Staves have a 10% chance of going off on the nearest non-player-ghost creature.
- Star Caller's Staves have a 10% chance of producing a Dwarf Star nearby.
- Deconstruction Staves have a 10% chance of deconstructing the nearest craftable structure or item.
- The Lazy Explorer has a 25% chance of teleporting the nearest non-player-ghost creature a short distance.
- The Pile o' Balloons will blow a new balloon.
- Beehives, Killer Bee Hives, Hound Mounds, Rundown Houses, Splumonkey Pods, and Spider Dens have a 50% chance of sending out Killer Bees, Hounds, Merms, Splumonkeys, or Spiders, respectively, to attack the nearest creature. Tier 3 Spider Dens also have a 10% chance of spawning into a Spider Queen.
- Campfires have a 25% chance of receiving 7.5 seconds of fuel.
- Fire Pits have a 10% chance of receiving 15 seconds fuel.
- Evergreens have a 0.1% chance of turning into Treeguards.
- Birchnut Trees have a 0.1% chance of turning into Poison Birchnut Trees.
- One-man Bands play (and allow the ghost to acquire Pig followers) for a few seconds.
- Crops will grow as if fertilized by Rot.
- Rabbit Holes and Moleworm Burrows will release a Rabbit or Moleworm if it has one inside.
- Tooth Traps have a 75% chance of being reset.
- Spiders will always drop a Spider Gland upon death.
- Moleworms will peek out of the ground.
- Trees can be chopped down. Each Haunt counts as one axe swing.
- Balloons will explode.
- Ashes will disappear.
- Farms will lose some fertilization.
- Dwarf Stars (produced by the Star Caller's Staff) will be extinguished.
- Tooth Traps have a 50% chance of triggering on a very nearby creature.
- Night Lights have a 50% chance of being extinguished.
- Bee Mines have a 10% chance of going off.
- Crock Pots, if cooking, will change product to Wet Goop.
- Large Meats (all forms) have a 25% chance of converting to the corresponding Monster Meat form. (e.g. Jerky into Monster Jerky)
- Beefalo Horns and Pan Flutes have a 50% chance of losing one use (it will not actually activate the items).
- Fire Staves have a 10% chance of igniting all nearby combustibles.
- Lureplants will hide their bait.
- Spider Queens and Vargs have a 25% chance of producing minions (using their normal summoning mechanics).
- Houndius Shootius (after being placed) has a 50% chance of being frozen.
- Bees have a 50% chance of being turned into Killer Bees.
- Abigail will be angered briefly.
- Beefalo will attempt to spawn a baby after they are done panicking. However, this will most likely fail because Baby Beefalo can only spawn offscreen, and the player ghost is present.
- Splumonkeys will also attempt to spawn a new Splumonkey. This will also fail for the same reason.
- Ewecus will also attempt to spawn another Ewecus. This may be leftover from copying the Beefalo prefab.
- Berry Bushes will get rustled (this does not produce Gobblers).
- Pig Heads and Merm Heads will open their eyes like on a full moon.
- The Pig King will reject player advances.
These creatures will panic for a few seconds after being haunted. Panicking involves running around, pausing previous aggro. Some of the following mobs will run away from player ghosts, making them practically impossible to haunt.
- Beefalo (including babies)
- Killer Bee
- Clockwork Rook, Clockwork Knight, Clockwork Bishop
- Rock Lobster
- Spiders (but not the Spider Queen)
- Tallbird (including younger forms)
- MacTusk and Wee MacTusk
- WX-78 and Woodie's ghosts were made to resemble R2-D2 and Chewbacca, respectively, from the Star Wars films.
- Wendy's ghost is an almost exact, horizontally flipped copy of Abigail. The only difference is the color of her flower, which is yellow.
- Ghost Characters are slowed down by Sticky Webbing, despite their presumably ethereal forms.
- As a Ghost, the player does not update the Map while exploring unknown areas.
- Ghost Characters' quotes appear to be similar to Wilbur's, except with "o" and "h" as the only letters used.
- Pigs will still tell ghost characters to "Back off" if they get too close.
- Each character has a unique ghost transformation.
- Unlike other characters, Woodie has two ghost transformations.