Willow's Lighter is a portable light source exclusive to Willow. It can be equipped in the 'Hand' slot and is able to set flammable objects on Fire. Used as a weapon, Willow's Lighter deals 17 damage per hit and has infinite uses.
Willow's Lighter has a very small radius of light (less than a Torch), though it can still prevent attacks from Charlie. Willow will receive a small Sanity boost from the fire it provides (+0.6/min). It also provides a small amount of Warmth (to slow Freezing).
Reign of Giants[edit | edit source]
Don't Starve Together[edit | edit source]
In Don't Starve Together, the Lighter loses durability while equipped and lasts a total of 600 seconds (10 minutes). It can be crafted, but only by Willow. It requires 1 Rope, 1 Gold Nugget and 3 Petals to craft, and is available from the start. Willow can cook Food with the Lighter by selecting a Food Item and right clicking above the lighter in the inventory, with costs 1% of its durability per use. In Rain, the Lighter may burn up to 100% faster (depending on precipitation rate), unless the player is sheltered. Lighters can be used by other non-Willow players, but only Walter and Warly can cook food with them. No other character receives the sanity gain from it, either.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Willow's Lighter was added in the Strange New Powers update. It was introduced in the June 25, 2013 preview.
- Before the update, Willow would light small fires at her feet when in complete darkness, making her essentially invulnerable to attacks from Charlie.
- Willow's Lighter is one of the first character-specific items implemented in the game's history.
- It is also the first 'Hand' slot item able to raise Sanity.
- Willow's Lighter is a lift arm lighter.
- Coincidentally, there was a manufacturer of these automatic lighters named Willow. 
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- In the Shipwrecked DLC, equipping Willow's Lighter while rowing on a boat may cause the lighter to still give off light without actually having the lighter equipped. This is fixed by restarting the game or dying.