Wilba is a playable Character exclusive to the Hamlet DLC. She is the daughter of Queen Malfalfa, making her the Princess of the Pig kingdom. She has also inherited the curse of being a Werepig from her father. Wilba is the only Hamlet character that cannot be unlocked via Experience.
Wilba starts as a passive, non-attacking Mob in the Souvenir Shop located two rooms to the left in the Palace. She tells the player that she lost the Royal Crown and is therefore grounded. The player must kill the Queen Womant and return the Royal Crown to the Pig Queen. Once the player does this, Wilba will be unlocked as a playable character and disappear from her room.
Special Power Edit
Wilba starts with the Silver Necklace, which will prevent Wilba from turning into a Werepig when wearing, but will drain Sanity instead. However, after Wilba is already in Werepig form, she is unable to put on the necklace, so it cannot reverse the form once it has begun.
As Wilba is a pig princess, pigs will not panic or attack her for stealing, such as picking Grass or Flowers from farms. In addition, pigs will occasionally gift her basic resources (Twigs, Flint, Rocks, Grass, Logs and Seeds). She can do whatever she pleases in Pig Towns. However, Royal Guards will still retaliate if she attacks them or a Pig Trader near them. Pigs in the base game will also give Wilba basic resources. In the Shipwrecked DLC, Wildbores will never attack Wilba if she is near them multiple times, hammering their house makes them attempt to attack her, however.
Wilba is afraid of the dark, and will lose Sanity at 1.5 times the normal rate in darkness. Coupled with her low maximum Sanity of 100, this makes it possible to quickly switch between sane and insane states.
- In the early days, the easiest way to restore the sanity lost from darkness is to collect Flowers and Seashells while exploring.
Given Royal Crown
- Wilba was added to the Early Access of Don't Starve: Hamlet on November 8, 2018.
- Wilba's voice is played by an Ocarina
- In the forum post introducing her as a playable character, she is described as follows: "Daughter to Queen Malfalfa, Princess Wilba has the love of her people. If only she wanted the job. She would much rather be out in the world exploring and soaking up life, even if she still requires a nightlight when she gets tucked in."
- Wilba's style of speech is a parody of archaic (Shakespeare's) English. Other Hamlet Pigs also speak this way.
- The player is able to kill Wilba before unlocking her in the Palace. She will drop one Pig Skin and one Meat. Once she has been killed, she will never respawn, forcing the player to create another world to unlock her.
- Before the Character Update, her perks read as follows: "Is a pig. Is royalty. Is afraid of the dark."
- Wilba and Wormwood may be the first survivors to originate from The Constant and not the real world like the others.
- Her hair, skirt and bow have bones, as shown when struck by lightning.
- Wilba may be a reference to the protagonist of 'Charlotte's Web' due to the fact she is also a pig, and similarly named 'Wilbur'
- The text that follows completing Adventure Mode as Wilba will use masculine pronouns.
- When she is on a Boat, she will not turn into a Werepig. She will turn once she exits the Boat and a new phase of the Day begins.
|Wilba getting hurt.|
- ↑ https://clips.twitch.tv/DiligentFunnyPepperoniPMSTwin
- ↑ https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/98171-dont-starve-hamlet-early-access-now-available-on-steam/?tab=comments#comment-1112463
|Don't Starve||Wilson (quotes ⋅ clothes ⋅ gallery) • Willow (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wolfgang (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wendy (quotes ⋅ clothes) • WX-78 (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wickerbottom (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Woodie (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wes (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Maxwell (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wagstaff (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Reign of Giants||Wigfrid (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Webber (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Shipwrecked||Walani (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Warly (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wilbur (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Woodlegs (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Hamlet||Wilba (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wormwood (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wheeler (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Don't Starve Together||Winona (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wortox (quotes ⋅ clothes) Wurt (quotes ⋅ clothes) Walter (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Removed||Warbucks (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Unimplemented||Wilton • Winnie • Wallace • Waverly • Pyro • Watricia|