Wilba is a playable Character exclusive to the Hamlet DLC. She is the daughter of Queen Malfalfa, making her the Princess of the Pig kingdom. She has also inherited the curse of being a Werepig from her father. Wilba is the only Hamlet character that cannot be unlocked via Experience.
Wilba starts as a passive, non-attacking Mob in the Souvenir Shop located two rooms to the left in the Palace. She tells the player that she lost the Royal Crown and is therefore grounded. The player must kill the Queen Womant and return the Royal Crown to the Pig Queen. Once the player does this, Wilba will be unlocked as a playable character and disappear from her room.
Wilba starts with the Silver Necklace, which will prevent Wilba from turning into a Werepig when wearing, but will drain Sanity instead. However, after Wilba is already in Werepig form, she is unable to put on the necklace, so it cannot reverse the form once it has begun.
As Wilba is a pig princess, pigs will not panic or attack her for stealing, such as picking Grass or Flowers from farms. In addition, pigs will occasionally gift her basic resources (Twigs, Flint, Rocks, Grass, Logs and Seeds). She can do whatever she pleases in Pig Towns. However, Royal Guards will still retaliate if she attacks them or a Pig Trader near them. Pigs in the base game will also give Wilba basic resources. In the Shipwrecked DLC, Wildbores will never attack Wilba if she is near them multiple times, hammering their house makes them attempt to attack her, however.
Wilba reverts back to her normal pig form after the Full Moon or Aporkalypse ends. If the transformation was induced by eating monster food, she will turn back after 1 Day. Each monster food eaten will extend the duration of the transformation by half a Day. Note that Gummy Slugs and Bean Bugs count as monster food and will turn Wilba into a Werepig. Eating Jellyfish (raw or cooked) won't turn Wilba into a Werepig. Upon returning to her normal form, Wilba will drop 2 Beard Hairs.
Her Werepig form has some special powers:
- Offers Night vision, which means she is immune to Charlie.
- Is immune to Freezing, Overheating and Fog.
- Runs 50% faster.
- No loss of Sanity in darkness.
- Her attack does 59.5 damage.
- Has more Health (350)
- Heals herself by 0.5 per second as long as she is not starving.
- Is able to mine, chop, dig, hammer and hack objects.
- She is still able to pick up, use, and craft items, while the Werebeaver cannot.
- The Werebeaver is immune to Poison, Rain and Hay Fever, while she is not.
- The Werebeaver is able to absorb 75% of incoming damage, while she cannot.
- The Map is still available to her.
Wilba is afraid of the dark, and will lose Sanity at 1.5 times the normal rate in darkness. Coupled with her low maximum Sanity of 100, this makes it possible to quickly switch between sane and insane states.
In her Werepig form, she also has some disadvantages:
- Her hand, body and head slots become furs, which make her unable to equip items.
- Cannot ride Beefalo or Boats.
- Her Hunger drains 6 times as fast as in her pig form.
- She is a Monster, causing Pigs and other friendly mobs to attack her on sight.
- Cannot use structures like Campfires, Crock Pots, or Chests, hammering them instead.
- Cannot choose action when multiple apply, and prioritizes destructive actions. For example, grown Bamboo can only be dug, not hacked, and Walls can only be hammered after being attacked and damaged to 0 health.
- Dying as werepig counts as proper player death, ending the game or consuming a resurrection item. The player always resurrects into Wilba's normal form.
- In the early days, collecting (Exotic) Flowers and Seashells will restore the Sanity lost from drakness.
- Wilba in her werepig form isn't immune to Rain. She still get wetness in Rain or Fog and her fur can be wet, causing her to drain sanity over time.
- One should take notice that Slurper can still equips itside as an item in Wilba's Werepig form's fur, draining Hunger about 50 times faster than normal.
- Although Wilba's werepig form can get poisoned, her healing speed is faster than speed of health loss cause by poison. Poison makes her drain hunger a little slower, but also make her drain sanity over time.
- Wilba's werepig form can be insane, which means she can farm Nightmare Fuels. Her high attack, fast speed and the ability to heal herself allows her to easily fight Crawling Horror and Terrorbeak.
- Wilba's werepig form can chop down trees faster, including Poison Birchnut Trees.
- It is advised to prepare as much food as one can before one paly as Wilba's werepig form. Wilba's werepig form can neither open Chester, Chest, Ice Box or any other containers, nor cook food in fire sources or Crock Pot. Eating some raw food still loses sanity.
Given Royal Crown
- Wilba was added in the Early Access of Hamlet.
- Wilba's voice is played by an Ocarina
- In the forum post introducing her as a playable character, she is described as follows: "Daughter to Queen Malfalfa, Princess Wilba has the love of her people. If only she wanted the job. She would much rather be out in the world exploring and soaking up life, even if she still requires a nightlight when she gets tucked in."
- In the forum post introducing her Werepig condition, the following is said: "Wilba has inherited one of her father's more colourful characteristics, namely, she now carries the same curse that inflicts all of her father's family with dreaded werepigism."
- Wilba's style of speech is a parody of Shakespearean English. Other Hamlet Pigs also speak this way.
- The player is able to kill Wilba before unlocking her in the Palace. She will drop one Pig Skin and one Meat. Once she has been killed, she will never respawn, forcing the player to create another world to unlock her.
- Wilba's Werepig form was added in the February 7th, 2019 update, also known as the Character Update.
- Before the Character Update, her perks read as follows: "Is a pig. Is royalty. Is afraid of the dark."
- Wilba and Wormwood may be the first survivors to originate from The Constant and not the real world like the others.
- Her hair and bow have bones, as shown when struck by lightning.
- Wilba may be a reference to the protagonist of 'Charlotte's Web' due to the fact she is also a pig, and similarly named 'Wilbur'
- Spiders won't attack Wilba in her Werepig form on sight. It is unclear whether it is a bug or not.
- The text that follows completing Adventure Mode as Wilba will use masculine pronouns.
- When she is on a Boat, she will not turn into a Werepig. She will turn once she exits the Boat and a new phase of the Day begins.
|Wilba getting hurt.|
|Wilba's Werepig Sounds|
|Wilba's Werepig voice.|
|Wilba breathing as a Werepig.|
|Wilba barking as a Werepig.|
- ↑ https://clips.twitch.tv/DiligentFunnyPepperoniPMSTwin
- ↑ https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/98171-dont-starve-hamlet-early-access-now-available-on-steam/?tab=comments#comment-1112463
- ↑ https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/102600-game-update-307715/?tab=comments#comment-1151985
|Don't Starve||Wilson (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Willow (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wolfgang (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wendy (quotes ⋅ clothes) • WX-78 (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wickerbottom (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Woodie (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wes (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Maxwell (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wagstaff (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Reign of Giants||Wigfrid (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Webber (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Shipwrecked||Walani (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Warly (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wilbur (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Woodlegs (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Hamlet||Wilba (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wormwood (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wheeler (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Don't Starve Together||Winona (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wortox (quotes ⋅ clothes) Wurt (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Removed||Warbucks (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Unimplemented||Wilton • Winnie • Wallace • Waverly • Pyro • Watricia|