Water Beefalo, also known as Ox, are the Shipwrecked version of Beefalo. They have the same characteristics as Beefalo, with the only differences being that the Water Beefalo do not drop Beefalo Wool if killed, they run faster than regular Beefalo, and they drop Horns instead of Beefalo Horns. They are native to the Mangrove biome and are usually found with a small herd. While they spend most of their time in water, they can also walk on land.
Similar to Beefalo, Water Beefalo will periodically drop Manure. When one of them is attacked, the entire herd will rush to their defense. They will huddle together at Dusk and sleep through the Night. Water Beefalo also go through a mating season. During this time, the Water Beefalo will remain neutral on water but be hostile on land.
Below is the number of hits it takes with each weapon to kill a Water Beefalo when playing with characters with a default damage modifier. The Weather Pain is not included due to the random nature of its projectile.
|3 - 4|
|5 - 10|
|6 (4 )|
|15, 12 or 9|
|9 - 17|
|10 - 19 -|
|12 (7 )|
|15 (5 )|
- An entire herd of Water Beefalo can easily be killed by attacking with a Boat Cannon while they huddle together during the Night. It should be noted that any meat dropped will be cooked.
- Water Beefalo run faster than regular Beefalo and can reliably hit the player, so caution is advised when trying to kite them.
- Water Beefalo cannot be shaved with a Razor, meaning there is no Water Beefalo Wool or similar to obtain. This feature might have been planned at some time during development, as in the game files textures for the "shaved" Water Beefalo can be found.
- The previous name for the Water Beefalo was Ox, they were renamed in the Hang Ten update.
- The Home Sea Home update poster has a Baby Water Beefalo. Ingame, however, Water Beefalos will just multiplicate during the mating season.