The Water Balloon is a craftable Survival Item exclusive to Don't Starve Together. It can be used to extinguish Fires by throwing it at the fire. It can be crafted with a Science Machine using 2 Mosquito Sacks and 1 Ice, which gives the player 4 water balloons. Alternatively, mosquito sacks can be filled at Ponds, however this only yields a single water balloon.
In addition to putting out fires in a small area, it also protects objects from catching fire for 30 seconds, subtracts 5 degrees from players' temperatures, and adds 20 Wetness. However, only the players and the Dragonfly can get wetness from water balloons. If a player is 100% waterproof the water balloon won't burst upon contact and will simply roll away, essentially wasting it.
Usage[edit | edit source]
|Will get 20% of Wetness.|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Water Balloons can also be useful when fighting the Dragonfly, since players can throw them at themselves and at others players to cool them down and extinguish them if they are hit by Lavae.
- Water Balloons are also very useful when used in conjunction with a Morning Star, Electric Darts, or Volt Goat Chaud-Froid.
- In PvP, getting these early is very effective against WX-78.
- Water balloons can be used to moisturize farm soil.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Theoretically, because they add wetness, which can cause freezing and insanity, Water Balloons can be used to kill other players even outside of PvP.
- Additionally, if a player has access to Moggles, they can throw water balloons at campfires to extinguish them, leaving other players in total darkness, vulnerable to dying.