Twiggy Trees are a resource variant of Saplings exclusive to Don't Starve Together. Their life cycle alternates between small, normal, large and old states. A complete cycle lasts between 9.5 and 15.5 days and they grow in all seasons.
When chopped down they yield Twigs, Logs, and Twiggy Tree Cones. Every time a Twiggy tree changes stage from old to short, it checks ground for Twigs in a 2 pitchfork tile radius. If there are no Twigs on the ground in that area, the tree will drop one. If there is 1 Twig, it has a 1/2 chance of dropping one. If there are 2 or more twigs in that radius, no more twigs will spawn.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Compared to Saplings, the benefits of Twiggy Trees are:
- Despite the benefits, it is preferable to have a world mostly occupied by saplings. This is because twiggy trees can be propagated easily, allowing you to have the benefits of both twig sources in a single world.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Twiggy Trees are considered to be part of A New Reign, even though they were introduced before the official start of the beta branch.
- Twiggy Trees were re-skinned in the Rev. 180814.
- Twiggy Trees used to be able to get Diseased and would die after a few days as they were not meant to co-exist with Saplings. In A New Reign however, this feature has been removed.
- Based on their leaves and pine cones, Twiggy Trees are probably based on an araucarian.