Twiggy Trees are trees exclusive to Don't Starve Together. When chopped down they yield up to 2 Twigs, 1 Log and 2 Twiggy Tree Cones. Each time when a Twiggy Tree changes its stage, it has a chance to drop 1 Twigs. They are a resource variant of Saplings.
Compared to Saplings the benefit of Twiggy Trees are:
- They will continue to provide Twigs during Winter.
- They will continue spawning twigs without the player having to interact with them.
- They are not suspectable to disease.
- The pickup time for gathering Twigs-item entities is much shorter than the harvesting time for collecting Saplings.
- They can be multiplied by chopping down a third stage Twiggy Tree, and replanting the two Twiggy Tree Cones.
- Twiggy Trees are considered to be part of A New Reign, even though they were introduced before the official start of the beta branch.
- Twiggy Trees were re-skinned in the Rev. 180814.
- Twiggy Trees used to be able to get Diseased and would die after a few days as they were not meant to co-exist with Saplings. In A New Reign however, this feature has been removed.
- Based on their leafs and pine cones, Twiggy Trees are probably based on an araucarian.