Twiggy Trees are trees exclusive to Don't Starve Together. When chopped down they yield Twigs, Logs, and Twiggy Tree Cones. Every time a Twiggy tree changes stage from old to short, it checks ground for Twigs in an 2 pitchfork tile radius. If there are no Twigs on the ground in that area, the tree will drop one. If there is 1 Twig, it has a 1/2 chance of dropping one. If there are 2 or more twigs in that radius, no more twigs will spawn. They are a resource variant of Saplings.
Compared to Saplings, the benefits of Twiggy Trees are:
- They will continue to provide Twigs during Winter.
- They will not wither during Summer.
- They will continue spawning Twigs without the player having to interact with them.
- They are not susceptible to Disease.
- They can be multiplied.
- If chopped, they yield a log along with the seed to replant it.
- Twiggy Trees are considered to be part of A New Reign, even though they were introduced before the official start of the beta branch.
- Twiggy Trees were re-skinned in the Rev. 180814.
- Twiggy Trees used to be able to get Diseased and would die after a few days as they were not meant to co-exist with Saplings. In A New Reign however, this feature has been removed.
- Based on their leaves and pine cones, Twiggy Trees are probably based on an araucarian.