The Thunderbird is a Mob exclusive to the Hamlet DLC. It can be found in the Painted biome. Its head will follow the player's movements. If the player gets close (about 2 Pitchfork tiles) the bird will charge up, and make electric sounds. If the player gets even closer (about one Pitchfork tile) the bird will emit three lightning bolts around it at random, dealing 10-20 damage per strike (depending on wetness level), likely hitting the player or nearby trees with at least one.
They can be chased down and killed after they release their charge, since it takes them a minute before they can strike again.
Thunderbirds respawn at Thundernest 5 days after being killed.
- WX-78 players can use the Thunderbird's electrical attack to attain System Overload.
- The Thunderbird's electrical attack can revive the Iron Hulks.
- The Thunderbird is a mythological figure in certain cultures of the indigenous people of North America.
- The Thunderbird's design bears a strong resemblance to the head of the Screecher.
- During the Aporkalipse Thunderbirds emit 10 lightning bolts instead of 3