The Lazy Forager is a craftable item found in the Ancient Tab. It requires 1 Orange Gem, 2 Thulecite, and 3 Nightmare Fuel to craft at a repaired Ancient Pseudoscience Station to prototype. It also can randomly drop from an Ancient Pseudoscience Station when the latter is damaged with a Hammer, Gunpowder etc.
While having it equipped in the chest slot, it allows the player to automatically pick up inventory items that lie on the ground, without having to interact with them. The items will disappear from the ground with a puff of smoke and then appear in the inventory. The Lazy Forager has a limited amount of uses and after it has collected 225 items it will break. It will also provide the player with a passive +2 per minute.
Since Orange Gems are not renewable only a limited number of Lazy Foragers can be crafted.
Orange Gems regenerate via ruins regeneration and are dropped by Dragonfly. Thus, the Lazy Forager and Lazy Explorer are reliably renewable.
Cave Holes can occasionally be found in the ruins of Don't Starve Together, which hold valuable items which can only be collected with Lazy Foragers.
- The Lazy Forager can be used to pick up the rare items from Cave Holes. New treasures spawn in the Cave Holes every time the Ruins are reset, making the Lazy Forager a good investment.
- The Lazy Forager can be used to collect Salt Crystals that drop out of pickup range near mined Salt Formations. This can make it less tedious to manoeuver around the mined Salt Formations each time the player wants to collect the Salt Crystals.
- The Lazy Forager will not count full stacks as one item when reducing durability - instead, it will pull one piece out of the stack at a time. It will also pick up any Traps, Tooth Traps, or Bee Mines nearby.
- The Lazy Forager can be used as an expensive aid in clearing out landspace to expand the player's base. It will automatically pick up any Turfs, Logs, Saplings, Rocks and other resources that are dropped when clearing out various naturally spawned obstacles.
- During the Pig King Wrestling Match in DST, the Lazy Forager will automatically pick up any Gold Nuggets, whether dropped by the Pig King or by the player himself.
- The Lazy Forager shares the same in-game model with the Chilled Amulet but its gem is orange instead of blue.
- This item used to be a part of the Gemology Tab before the Tab was removed from the game.