Exclusive to: Don't Starve Together.
The Lazy Deserter is a Structure exclusive to Don't Starve Together, introduced in A New Reign. It is found in the Magic Tab, and requires a Desert Stone, an Orange Moonlens and three Cut Stone to craft. Its rare Blueprint can be obtained by giving a Beach Toy Trinket to the Antlion, by killing the Antlion, or as a random drop from a Loot Stash, after killing Klaus. The Lazy Deserter's main use is to teleport one player to another when both are connected by using two of them.
In order to teleport, one player must first activate the Deserter from the destination side. This will initially take 15 , then lock the player in place and generate a constant drain of 40 /min. The second person, right after, must either activate the Deserter on the other side, or right-click on a Desert Stone in their inventory. This will make this player teleport to the first player that started channeling.
Teleporting will take 50 , just like using the Telelocator Staff. If the Desert Stone was used, it will get consumed in the process.
- Aside from teleporting, the Lazy Deserter can be used to rapidly lower the player's sanity at no cost. This makes it very useful for farming Nightmare Creatures for their valuable Nightmare Fuel.
- In a similar manner, the above method can be used on Lunar Island to keep the player's Enlightenment low.
- The Lazy Deserter was introduced in the Against the Grain update.
- When channeling a Lazy Deserter, any nearby Desert Stones will levitate and have their "Spikes" jut out.
- The teleporting effect is called "townportalsandcoffin_fx" in the game's code.
- The Lazy Deserter can be used as a tool to rapidly drain Sanity. This can be used to farm Nightmare Fuel or to reduce Enlightenment on the Lunar Island or in the Lunar Grotto.