The Tam o' Shanter is a Hat Item that is obtained by killing MacTusk. It restores 6.7 Sanity per minute while worn. The hat alone is enough to cancel out the sanity drop of heavy Rain or Dusk/Night, even when playing as Wolfgang.
It's a tier 2 warm clothing (120 insulation), which allows the character to delay freezing in Winter by a rate of 1 degree every 5 seconds. The hat lasts for 25 days, and a Sewing Kit repairs 20% of its durability.
Downloadable Content[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Tam o' Shanter was added in A Winter's Tale update.
- A Tam o' Shanter, often abbreviated T.O.S. or Tam, is a nineteenth-century Scottish traditional bonnet worn by men.
- Because of MacTusk's death animation, when the Shanter drops, the player will actually see two of them drop from the walrus. One is the item that the player can pick up, while the other is part of the animation and will disappear with MacTusk.
- The Tam o' Shanter is the most dapper piece of clothing in Don't Starve.
- As Tam o' Shanter isn't craftable, the only way to use an alternate skin on one is with a Clean Sweeper.