The Stagehand is a naturally spawning object in Don't Starve Together, introduced in A New Reign. It spawns in a circle of 5 Roses. The Stagehand seems to have something moving under it resembling a Night Hand. At night, the creature's legs creep out from under the table and search for a light source in its vicinity. The Stagehand will only be attracted to sources that produce fire, like Campfires and Torches. If the player gets too close to the table when it is visible at night, the creature will go back under the table. Characters have different quotes when the "creature" is standing. It cannot be destroyed, but hammering it 86 times (requiring 2 Hammers) will make it drop an End Table Blueprint (which can be dropped multiple times), used to craft the End Table. However, the count will reset if 15 seconds pass between two Hammer strokes.
If the Stagehand starts burning, or if it gets close to a fire, a Night Hand will come out from under the tablecloth to extinguish the flames.
The End Table is a structure that looks exactly like the Stagehand, except it excludes the shadow legs and is completely static.
Unlike the Stagehand, the End Table is craftable, and can be either burnt down, turning into Ashes, or hammered to drop half of its crafting items. The player can place any kind of Flower in the vase on the table. This includes Evil Flowers, Ferns, Light Bulbs, Glow Berries and Forget-Me-Lots. Doing so will grant the player 5 sanity. Placed Light Bulbs and Glow Berries will provide light. After ten days, the potted flower will wilt.
See also: Belongings
The End Table has various alternative skins in the game. These skins do not apply to the Stagehand as it always retains its classic red appearance even if swept with the use of a Clean Sweeper.
- Since it can't be destroyed, the Stagehand can be gnawed infinitely by the Werebeaver to keep the Were-Meter from decreasing quickly.
- Due to his tool durability perk added with his rework, Wes is the most adept survivor in getting the blueprint for The End Table, being able to hit the Stagehand 85 times without completely using up one hammer.
- The End Table can be used as an efficient light source since it can give out light for two nights with a single Glow Berry or a Light Bulb.
- Stagehand and End Tables were introduced in the A Little Fixer Upper update.
- When the Stagehand was first added to the game, it could be destroyed with a Hammer for 2 Nightmare Fuel, 1 Marble, and 1 Petals.
- Stagehand might be a form or manifestation of Charlie. This is mainly supported by the name, as Charlie was Maxwell's stagehand before the events of Don't Starve, it being active during the night, like the current form of Charlie, and the rose in the vase being like the one Charlie had in her hair.
- In Reap What You Sow, the wilt time of flower was increased from 2.5 days to 10 days.