Don't Starve Wiki
Advertisement
Don't Starve Wiki

Woodie Portrait.png
I think it's time to throw this out.

Woodie

Spoiled Fish is an item introduced in the Shipwrecked DLC. Dead Dogfish and Dead Swordfish will turn into Spoiled Fish instead of Rot if left to spoil. It is also possible to pick one up in a Trawl Net. Giving Packim Baggims a Dead Dogfish or a Dead Swordfish will result in it spitting out a Spoiled Fish. Spoiled Fish can be Hammered to get 2 Bone Shards.

In the Hamlet DLC, Spoiled Fish is dropped upon killing the Pugalisk.

Don't Starve Together icon.pngDon't Starve Together[]

Wolfgang Portrait.png
Is good no more.

Wolfgang

Spoiled Fish was added to Don't Starve Together in Return of Them Hook, Line, and Inker update. A Spoiled Fish is obtained when a Fish Meat or an Eel spoil.

Spoiled Fishes have all the properties of Rot, such as Food, Fertilizer, and Fuel values. Its nutrient type is however different from that of Rot: instead of the "Compost" type, Spolied Fish and Spoiled Fish Morsel provide "Formula" type nutrient.

In addition, they can be hammered to obtain Rot and a Bone Shards.

Spoiled Fish also results in a sanity loss for Wurt.

Spoiled Fish Morsel[]

Spoiled Fish Morsel was added to Don't Starve Together in Return of Them update. A Spoiled Fish Morsel is obtained when an Fish Morsel spoil.

Spoiled Fish Morsels have all the properties of Rot, such as Food, Fertilizer, and Fuel values. In addition, they can be hammered to obtain either a Rot with a 50% chance or a Bone Shards with a 50% chance.

Prototype.png Tips[]

  • In Shipwrecked, Bone Shards stack up to 20, but Spoiled Fish stack up to 40 and each can be hammered for two Bone Shards. This makes it more space efficient to store Spoiled Fish.

Placeholder.png Trivia[]

  • Before Reap What You Sow, spoiled fish dropped either a rot with a 50% chance or a bone shards with a 50% chance, spoiled fish morsel dropped either a rot with a 75% chance or a bone shards with a 25% chance