Spider Eggs are acquired by destroying a Tier 3 Spider Den or killing a Spider Queen. They can be planted on the ground by picking them up from the inventory and clicking the ground with the right mouse button. This will create a tier 1 Spider Den, which then grows normally.
Spider Eggs can be used to create Spider Dens at any specific place, often an area where one can safely contain the Spiders for Silk farming. Spider Eggs are also a great fuel for Campfires, adding a lot of burn time.
Reign of Giants[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When removing/inserting Spider Eggs from/into one's inventory, the item makes a squelching noise. In addition, when selected from the inventory, the eggs will make a "Babum" sound.
- Despite what Wilson says after inspecting Spider Eggs, they will never hatch unless the player manually plants them.
- The description for this recipe when playing as Webber may be a reference to the Beatles' song "With a Little Help from My Friends".
- Wx-78's quote "SPIDER POTENTIAL = 6" is the number of spiders that can live in a tier 2 den and the number of legs all spiders have in-game.
- If paired with a few Rabbit Hutches, Spider Eggs can be turned into a reliable spider farm.