The Slanty Shanty is a building exclusive to Don't Starve: Hamlet DLC. It is an abandoned housing structure which spawns in Swinesbury city, and can be unlocked and bought as one's home by purchasing the Deed of home ownership at Swinesbury City Hall for 50 Oincs. The Slanty Shanty can also be crafted in the City Planning tab when the player is holding the Key To The City. It can be crafted for 4 Boards, 3 Cut Stone, and 30 Oincs.
Once unlocked, the building will become the player's house, a place where one can set up a base, and a permanent protection from Charlie's attacks, due to the presence of a light source. It also protects the player from the elements, as rain or fog, and from attacks of every sort (excluding Shadow Creatures). It doesn't protect the player from starvation though, so exploration is still needed.
More Slanty Shanties can be made using Key to the City. These will be unlocked immediately after placing.
Upon unlocking and entering the Shanty, the player is greeted with two Charcoal scattered on the floor.
The default interior is made of:
- Floor: Wood Flooring
- Shelf: Cinderblock Bookshelf
- Wallpaper: Wood Paneling
- Lighting: Rope Light
- Wall decoration: Tasteful Fish Mounting
- Window: ?
The interior and exterior can be renovated and replaced with the Renovate Tab.
- If the house catches on fire or is destroyed, nearby Pig Workers or even the player can rebuild it with a Hammer. The player's items inside will not be lost.
- Even if the House protects the player from most environmental hazards, it does not protect them from Hay Fever.
- There is a major sanity aura when inside the house. If you're completely dry, you can wait in the house and possibly stack it with the sanity aura of a recruited Royal Guard.