Exclusive to: Don't Starve Together.
When equipped, the Shadow Thurible will attract the Reanimated Skeleton to the holder. It has a durability of 9 minutes and can be refueled with Nightmare Fuel for +33% durability, allowing it to last 3 more minutes for each Nightmare Fuel added. It will not disappear when its durability reaches 0%. Instead, it stays in the hand equipment slot but has no effect until it is refueled.
When fueled, the Thurible, whether equipped by a player or on the ground, prevents all players within 6 units (1.5 tiles) from being snared by the Caves Skeleton or Ancient Fuelweaver's bone cage attack.
- The Shadow Thurible can be used to lure Surface and Cave variants of the Reanimated Skeleton, and prevents the Cave variant's bone snare in its radius. It does not lure the Ancient Fuelweaver, but will still prevent his bone snare.
- If the Caves Reanimated Skeleton is attracted by the Shadow Thurible, it will still be hostile to other entities, including other player characters.
- On the surface, the Forest Skeleton can be brought right next to the players so they don't have to be followed to pick their resources.
- In the caves, the Caves Skeleton can be brought with the player to attack enemies, as it deals a large amount of damage.
- The player can control the Reanimated Skeleton in order to farm Logs by placing them in a straight line and positioning oneself to break down all the trees.
- The Shadow Thurible was introduced in the Hearts of the Ruins update.
- A thurible is a metal incense burner used during worship services.
- Character quotes prove that the Thurible's intended use is to lure survivors by appealing to their personality - by suggesting an urgent problem like burnt food or leaking gasoline, suggesting bliss like Wortox's fire and brimstone or appealing to their curiosity with the smell of Wilson's chemicals or simply "weird" or "strong" smell. The only character recognising that the Thurible is a lure for survivors is Wickerbottom.
- Shadow Creatures such as Night Hands, Crawling Horrors and Terrorbeaks can be seen in the smoke effect emitted by the Thurible, an effect it shares with the Tragic Torch skin from the Cyclum Puzzles.