When equipped, the Shadow Thurible will attract and ally the Reanimated Skeleton to the holder. It has a durability of 9 minutes and can be refueled with Nightmare Fuel for +33% durability, allowing it to last 3 more minutes for each Nightmare Fuel added.
- The Shadow Thurible can be used on the Surface and Cave variants of the Reanimated Skeleton and does not have any effect on the Ancient Fuelweaver.
- If the Caves Reanimated Skeleton is attracted by the Shadow Thurible, it will still be hostile to other entities, including other player characters.
- On the surface, the Forest Skeleton can be brought right next to the players so they don't have to be followed to pick their resources.
- In the caves, the Caves Skeleton can be brought with the player to attack enemies, as it deals a large amount of damage.
- The Shadow Thurible was introduced in the Hearts of the Ruins update.
- A thurible is a metal incense burner used during worship services.
- Character quotes that mention the smell of the Thurible contradict each other: Wilson smells chemicals, Willow smells burnt hair, Maxwell smells roses, Winona smells gasoline, Warly smells food about to burn, and Wortox smells fire and brimstone. This means that the smell of the Thurible depends on the person for an unknown reason.