The Shadow Manipulator is the tier 2 Magic station which unlocks all of the Magic Tab recipes. It requires a Prestihatitator to prototype and costs 3 Living Logs, 1 Purple Gem, and 7 Nightmare Fuel to craft. Prototyping an item using the Shadow Manipulator will increase Sanity by 15, like any other station.
See also: Crafting
- Chopping down a Totally Normal Tree and digging up its stump yields enough Living Logs to craft a Shadow Manipulator without the need to kill a Treeguard. However, making other items such as Dark Swords would require Living Logs.
- The Shadow Manipulator was added in the A Little Rain Must Fall update.
- A Shadow Manipulator can be found in the Miner's Camp set piece.
- The Shadow Manipulator was the tier 3 Science research lab before Science and Magic research were separated into different categories.
- In Winter, snow on top of the device disappears with the rising and falling animations (when the player is near).