Exclusive to: Shipwrecked.
The Sea Yard is a craftable Structure exclusive to the Shipwrecked DLC. It is found in the Nautical Tab and requires 4 Logs, 6 Limestones and 6 Tar to craft. The Sea Yard can only be placed in the Ocean and can be used to repair damaged Boats at a rate of 0.5% per second.
To start the automatic repairing, the player has to get close to the structure in their boat, and also refuel the Sea Yard occasionally using Tar. The repairing will stop once the boat is back to full durability, if the player moves too far away from the structure, or if it runs out of fuel. The player must stay in the boat for the Sea Yard to keep repairing the boat, even if placed very close to an island. When fully repaired, the Seagull sitting on top of the Sea Yard will repeatedly make loud noises.
If several Sea Yards are placed close to each other, only one will be activated to repair the player's boat.
- Since the Sea Yard restores a percentage of boat HP per second instead of a set amount of HP, it is best used to repair Encrusted Boats (repairs 4 HP/sec) and to a lesser degree, Armored Boats (repairs 2.5 HP/sec).
- Building a Ballphin Palace or Buoy right next to the Sea Yard provides a permanent light source at night, as well as a means to recover sanity by befriending the Bottlenose Ballphin.
- Building a Sea Yard very close to a Brainy Sprout is an excellent choice of location. Not only does the sprout have a +25/min sanity aura, it also provides light during dusk and night. Placing a Bouyant Chiminea nearby will also allow the player to dry off if needed while waiting for repairs to complete.
- Crafting a Sea Chest or other container near the Sea Yard to store sanity boosting equipment (such as a Shark Tooth Crown, Thulecite Suit, Limestone Suit, etc.) is recommended for convenient sanity regeneration while the player waits for repairs. Storing Tar for refueling is also a good idea.
- The Sea Yard was added to the Shipwrecked DLC more than a year after its official completion in the Home Sea Home update, after being tested in a beta branch for several months.
- If healed using the Sea Yard, the The 'Sea Legs' and Armored Boat are the most efficient boats for travelling, since they gain 57.6 wall units of travel distance per second spent healing.