Exclusive to: Don't Starve Together.
The Sea Fishing Rod can be used to fish Ocean Fishes, Wobster, Lunar Wobster and Ocean Debris. It has two inventory slots: one is for Floats to improve the casting range and accuracy, and the other slot is for Lures to improve the attractiveness towards Ocean Fishes. The Sea Fishing Rod cannot be used to catch Freshwater Fish or Live Eel at a Pond.
- First, the player baits the Lure on the Sea Fishing Rod with a Berry or a Seed (The lure is technically optional, but without it the player will have a harder time).
- It is optional to also put a Float on the Sea Fishing Rod, such as a Twig, to help with casting range and accuracy.
- The player must find dark shadows of Ocean Fish swimming in the water along the coastline of the mainland. This will be a spawn point for a variety of small Ocean Fish.
- The player can then cast the line into the water near where the shadows of the fish are. The player must pay attention to the Sea Fishing Rod. If it is angled low in the water or angled in the middle between low and high, the player must keep reeling the rod in and the fish will come towards the player. If the fishing rod is angled high and the player's character appears to be struggling to keep the fish from swimming away, the player must stop reeling and wait until the rod lowers, then keep reeling in the fish. If the player keeps reeling when the Sea Fishing Rod is angled high, the line will snap, causing the Lure and Float to disappear. If the player stops reeling when the Sea Fishing Rod is angled low, then the fish will get away.
- For more advanced fishing tricks: After setting hook to any fish, the fish will always start fighting, in which case, the player should not click the reel button at all. Whenever the fish is swimming towards the player, they should start reeling as much as possible until the fish is starting to fight back, and then stop.
- Once successful, the fish will pop up and land near the player's character.
- The Sea Fishing Rod was introduced in the Hook, Line, and Inker update.
- The Sea Fishing Rod is similar to an Unimplemented Feature, the Big Fishing Rod, which was intended to let players catch better fish.