The Salt Lick is a Structure found in the Tools Tab. It requires 2 Boards and 4 Nitre to craft and an Alchemy Engine to prototype. When built, it attracts Beefalo and Koalefants from a 5 tile radius. When near the Salt Lick these animals will each take 8 licks per Day from it until it is depleted. While Beefalo keep licking it, their domestication level will not reduce over time.
Each Beefalo will use up 2 uses per lick, while each Koalefant uses up 4.
Downloadable Content[edit | edit source]
Don't Starve Together[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Volt Goats, No-Eyed Deer, and Koalefants cannot be domesticated nor will they gain obedience. Keeping them around a Salt Lick would only waste the uses of this structure with no benefits.
- The Beefalo can be "parked" close to a Salt Lick as they will stay in close proximity to it.
- Using one inside a pre-made Koalefant pen can speed up the capturing process by encouraging animal to walk in.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Salt Lick was first introduced to Don't Starve Together. It was later added to Don't Starve in the Quality of Life update.
- Salt Licks are considered to be part of A New Reign, even though they were introduced before the official start of the beta branch.
- Salt licks are real-life tools used particularly in zoos to give the ungulates all the minerals they normally obtain from mineral swamps.