The Salt Lick is a Structure found in the Tools Tab. It requires 2 Boards and 4 Nitre to craft and an Alchemy Engine to prototype. When built, it attracts Beefalo and Koalefants from 30 tile radius. When near the Salt Lick these animals will take licks from it until it is depleted. While Beefalo keep licking it, their domestication level will not reduce over time.
Each Beefalo will take 8 licks per Day, while each Koalefant takes 16.
Don't Starve Together Edit
- Volt Goats, No-Eyed Deer and Koalefants cannot be domesticated and they do not have obedience. Keeping them around a Salt Lick would only waste the uses of the structure with no benefits.
- The Salt Lick does not prevent the Beefalo from throwing off their Saddles. The Beefalo can be "parked" close to a Salt Lick after removing the Saddle with a Saddlehorn, preserving both the Saddle durability and Beefalo's level of domestication.
- The Salt Lick was first introduced to Don't Starve Together. It was later added to Don't Starve in the Quality of Life update.
- Salt Licks are considered to be part of A New Reign, even though they were introduced before the official start of the beta branch.
- Salt licks are real-life tools used particularly in zoos to give the ungulates all the minerals they normally obtain from mineral swamps.