Adding 1 Meats will result in Meatballs instead. Adding any Twigs will result in Wet Goop. Adding 1 Mandrake will result in Mandrake Soup. Adding 1 Dragon Fruit will result in Dragonpie. Adding 1 Eggplant will result in Stuffed Eggplant. Adding 1 Butterfly Wings will result in Butter Muffin. And adding 2 Monster Foods will result in Monster Lasagna.
- Ratatouille is one of the few Crock Pot recipes that can be made from foods that have a neutral or negative effect, such as mushrooms and ice, providing a 100% bonus hunger advantage from eating those items separately.
- Ratatouille's meager benefits and low Crock Pot priority implies that it is a sort of "consolation prize" for uncreative Crock Pot recipes.
- During the Pig Fiesta event in the Hamlet DLC, Ratatouille takes on a more festive appearance.
- Ratatouille is a peasant dish originating from Nice, France. It was a dish prepared by commoners because of the easy-to-come-by ingredients, somewhat reminiscent of how vegetables are often abundant in Don't Starve, especially in early-game.
- Ratatouille does not exclude Fishes. The Shipwrecked DLC introduces food items that have fish values without any meat value, such as Fish Morsel and Jellyfish. This causes using up to 2 Fish Morsels or using a single Jellyfish in a recipe with Vegetables to produce Ratatouille despite containing meat.