Purple Gems can be obtained by mining Ancient Statues, destroying Broken Clockworks, opening Ornate Chests, or as a drop from both variants of the Clockwork Bishop. Maxwell also starts out with a Purple Gem in his inventory.
Purple Gems are used to craft the Shadow Manipulator, Bat Bat, Telelocator Staff, and Nightmare Amulet. Three Purple Gems must be installed in a Telelocator Focus before it will function, and they will be consumed when the Telelocator Focus is used.
Downloadable Content[edit | edit source]
In the Shipwrecked DLC, fishing with a Trawl Net in Deep Ocean has a small chance to catch a Purple Gem. The chance is higher during Hurricane Season and Dry Season. X Marks the Spot treasure chests occasionally contain a Purple Gem. Additionally, the Slot Machine has a small chance to yield 3 Purple Gems as a possible reward. Purple Gems are used to craft the Howling Conch.
Don't Starve Together[edit | edit source]
In Don't Starve Together, there are four ways to farm Purple Gems:
- The Dragonfly has a chance to drop Purple Gems upon death.
- Purple Gems can be gathered in the Caves from Cave Holes by using The Lazy Forager. The Ruins can be regenerated by killing the Ancient Fuelweaver, so by killing the boss over and over again the player is able to farm the gems.
- By killing the Ancient Fuelweaver over and over again the player is able to farm Large Ornate Chests which have a chance to contain Purple Gems.
- Kill the Red Hounds and Blue Hounds and combine the gems they drop to make Purple Gems.
Usage[edit | edit source]
|Obtained by inserting the Gem into the Cratered Moonrock.|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Thanks to periodic Hound waves, purple gems are renewable, even in the base game, as both Red Hounds and Blue Hounds drop Red and Blue Gems, respectively.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Purple Gem was added in the A Little Rain Must Fall update.
- The Purple Gem's crafting description is a reference to Captain Planet.