Once the Pugalisk has taken enough damage, it will start attacking by a ranged attack, freezing the player in place for 3-5 seconds.
if the Pugalisk continues its Range Freezing attack non-stop this means it has entered Defense mode and will try to stop the player from getting close.
- Drinking Coffee, Tea, using a Stalking Stick or a Walking Cane are ways to have an advantage over the Pugalisk, as its Freezing Attack has a Range.
- Pugalisk will stop the Freezing Range Attack if the players moves too far.
- It is not advised to tank the Pugalisk as his head does 150 Damage.
- Standing next to the fountain will cause Pugalisk to start circling it. This allows the player to keep Pugalisk at bay if done correctly until it starts using its ranged attack.
- Using Coconade and Fire Staff can instakill Pugalisk. Throw a Coconade at its "opened skin" and light it using the Fire Staff.
- The Pugalisk is a portmanteau of a pug and a basilisk.
- The Pugalisk's ranged attack may be referencing the purported ability of a basilisk to kill or petrify victims by looking at them.
- The Pugalisk deals 50 more damage to mobs than to the player. For example its head deals 150 damage to the player and 200 damage to Mobs.
- Sometimes the Pugalisk will taunt the player after killing them, by sticking its tongue out and hissing.
- AoE attack will cause the pugalisk much more damage.