The Prestihatitator is the tier 1 Magic station used to prototype basic Magic and Refine recipes. The Prestihatitator requires a Science Machine to prototype and costs 4 Rabbits, 4 Boards, and 1 Top Hat to craft. Prototyping an item using the Prestihatitator will increase Sanity by 15.
The Prestihatitator has a 10% chance of spawning a Rabbit when used to prototype a new recipe.
Craftable Items and Structures
See also: Crafting
Shadow Manipulator allows the prototyping of any following items and structures. Once prototyped, the craftables become unlocked on the Magic Tab, Refine Tab or the Crafting Menu and will no longer require the player to stand next to the Prestihatitator to craft. All craftables offered by Prestihatitator can also be accessed and prototyped from the advanced magic station, Shadow Manipulator. Some character exclusive items also need to be prototyped using a Prestihatitator.
In Shipwrecked DLC, Prestihatitator is replaced with Piratihatitator, which is crafted with a Parrot as the live animal ingredient instead of Rabbits, which are replaced with crabbits in Shipwrecked worlds.
- As with any other recipe that requires limited use items, any durability Top Hat can be used when crafting a Prestihatitator and will drop a full durability Top Hat when the Prestihatitator is Hammered down.
- Beardlings can be used instead of Rabbits to craft a Prestihatitator.
- Rabbits produced from this machine are homeless and sleep outside at night, making them easy food.
- After a Shadow Manipulator is built, the prestihatitator can be safely destroyed as all its crafts are also covered by the Shadow Manipulator.
See also: Belongings#Prestihatitator
Prestihatitator is one of the few craftables that are considered as bi-products of other craftables, in this case the Top Hat. Therefore Top Hat skins correspond to prestihatitator skins. Currently all Top Hat skins have a corresponding Prestihatitator skins and there are no exclusive Prestihatitator skins that are independent from their top hat counterpart. As the Prestihatitator has no Belongings entries, all Top Hat skins that are obtained from drops, bought from in-game shop or steam marketplace, redeemed from merchandise or woven using spools will automatically grant a tophat skin too.
Jiggly Prestitator cannot be obtained but is made available to everyone when Winter's Feast is enabled.
- The name "Prestihatitator" is a portmanteau of "prestidigitator" and "hat".
- The Prestihatitator spawning Rabbits is a reference to the magic trick of pulling a rabbit from a hat.
- The Prestihatitator used to have a different recipe: 1 Living Log, 4 Gold Nuggets, and a Top Hat.
- Winona's quote ("Why do we even have that lever?!") is a reference to The Emperor's New Groove.