The Prestihatitator is the tier 1 Magic station used to prototype basic Magic and Refine recipes. The Prestihatitator requires a Science Machine to prototype and costs 4 Rabbits, 4 Boards, and 1 Top Hat to craft. Prototyping an item using the Prestihatitator will increase Sanity by 15.
See also: Crafting
The Prestihatitator has a 10% chance of spawning a Rabbit when used to prototype a new recipe.
Downloadable Content Edit
In Shipwrecked DLC, Prestihatitator is replaced with Piratihatitator, which is crafted with a Parrot as the live animal ingredient instead of Rabbits, which are replaced with crabbits in Shipwrecked worlds.
- As with any other recipe that requires limited use items, any durability Top Hat can be used when crafting a Prestihatitator and will drop a full durability Top Hat when the Prestihatitator is Hammered down.
- Beardlings can be used instead of Rabbits to craft a Prestihatitator.
- Rabbits produced from this machine are homeless and sleep outside at night, making them easy food.
- The name "Prestihatitator" is a portmanteau of "prestidigitator" and "hat".
- The Prestihatitator spawning Rabbits is a reference to the magic trick of pulling a rabbit from a hat.
- The Prestihatitator used to have a different recipe: 1 Living Log, 4 Gold Nuggets, and a Top Hat.