Powdercake is a Food item cooked in a Crock Pot by combining at least 1 Corn, 1 Honey, and 1 Twig. It takes 10 seconds to cook. Adding any Fishes may result in Fishsticks or Fish Tacos, while adding a Mandrake may result in Mandrake Soup.
|33% chance to result in Fishsticks or Fish Tacos.|
|50% chance to result in Mandrake Soup.|
- It serves well as an everlasting bait, to lure mobs such as Pigs, Gobblers or Merms into Tooth Traps or a walled off area.
- In Don't Starve Together, Powdercakes are ideal for seasoning with Warly's spices, because they nearly never spoil. The player can season them, change the character from Warly, and still be able to benefit from the seasoning of the food that was cooked multiple days ago.
- Powdercakes were added to the game as a joke; the developers used it as an inside joke around the office.
- The Powdercake is very similar to the Twinkie, which went temporarily out of production shortly before the update that included Powdercakes. There is an urban legend that claims Twinkies will never spoil, but this is not actually true; they are stated to have a shelf life of 25 days. However, they will stay intact without rotting and losing too much flavor for over 30 years, but they will grow more stale and less firm over time due to oxygen and water vapor diffusion through the plastic wrapper.
- Before the full cave release, Powdercakes were originally called Powcakes. This was a reference to Riptidepow, a popular Twitch user who sometimes played Don't Starve and was mentioned by a developer in an interview during an exclusive first look at caves.
- It takes 2,500 hours, just over 104 days of gameplay to rot a Powdercake (Not counting Winter/Summer rot changes or time spent with map open).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.