The Piggyback is a type of Backpack which requires 4 Pig Skins, 6 Silk, and 2 Ropes to craft and an Alchemy Engine to prototype. It is a larger Backpack which has 12 Inventory slots but reduces walking speed by 20% while equipped. It has 4 more slots than a Backpack, but 2 fewer slots than the Krampus Sack. It cannot be placed in the inventory or in Chests. The Piggyback is also fireproof unlike the backpack.
- This is a good replacement for the backpack until you get the Krampus Sack.
- Using a walking cane, road or other means of increasing your speed, the -20% decrease of speed becomes obsolete.
- In the Hamlet DLC, the penalty by the Piggyback is also negated by the Stalking Stick, increasing the player speed to 120%.
- The Piggyback does not give the player any rain resistance, and using it in conjunction with an Umbrella will not protect the rest of the player's items from wetness.
- In all DLCs as well as Don't Starve Together, Used with the Walking Cane, the penalty is negated and the player's speed increased to 115%.
In all DLCs as well as Don't Starve Together, the Piggyback and its contents are waterproof and will not cause sanity drain while equipped. The movement speed penalty of the Piggyback is also reduced from -20% to -10%.
- The Piggyback was added in the Doorway to Adventure update.
- The Piggyback's name is a pun, on both the fact it is a backpack made from a pig's skin and on the action of giving a piggyback.