Pig Heads are decorative structures usually found around Touch Stones, Rundown Houses, and Merm villages. They are the severed heads of Pigs on sticks, similar to Merm Heads, the latter being often found in Pig Villages.
Destroying a Pig Head with a Hammer drops 2 Pig Skin and 2 Twigs. This is a good way to get Pig Skin early in the game. Deconstructing a Pig Head with a Deconstruction Staff drops 4 Pig Skin and 4 Twigs, although it can not be constructed.
In the Reign of Giants (RoG), Shipwrecked and Hamlet DLCs, during a Full Moon, the Pig Head's eyes will open and become pure white, similar to a Catcoon or Buzzard's eyes. Destroying a Pig Head during this time yields Nightmare Fuel. A burnt Pig Head will still drop 2 Pig Skin and 2 Twigs when destroyed by a Hammer.
- Pig Heads were added in the Doorway to Adventure update.
- Pig Heads can be found around the Merm camps, and Merm Heads can be found around the Pig Villages. This suggests that there is a war between Pigs and Merms, or at least hostility.
- The way the Pig Heads glow during a Full Moon looks similar to the way they were shown to glow when using a Touch Stone in one of the update trailers.
- Wilson's dialogue when interacting with a Pig Head is a reference to the 1954 novel Lord of the Flies.
- Character have quotes for burnt Pig Head