It takes 1 second to begin playing the Pan Flute after clicking it. Mobs will be put into a deeper sleep than usual, allowing the player to move closer to them without waking them up; for example, the Tallbird.
If a mob that was put to sleep is attacked, all of the similar nearby mobs will wake up after a couple of seconds. Mobs sometimes sleep all day after they have been put to sleep by the Pan Flute.
The Pan Flute can be used to get an advantage over enemies, shave Beefalo, or steal Tallbird Eggs and Pengull Eggs. The Pan Flute also complements the Feather Hat when looking for Morsels and Feathers.
Downloadable Content[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Ingredients required to make a Pan Flute with Mandrakes are rare and if the player wishes to make it renewable, they can either deconstruct a Pan Flute using a Deconstruction Staff and craft it again to renew its durability. Mandrakes also have a chance to be obtained from Klaus's loot thus making it a renewable resource.
- The Pan Flute is useful against Mobs such as Dragonfly during her enraged form and Toadstool when it is trying to summon Sporecaps.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Pan Flute is named after Pan, the Greek god of animals and music.
- The Pan Flute is one of the 7 ways to put mobs to sleep, with the others methods being the Sleep Dart, Life Giving Amulet, Napsack, Wickerbottom's book Sleepytime Stories, and eating or cooking a Mandrake.
- Using a Pan Flute near a Bird in flight will cause it to fall to the ground, ready to be picked up for a short time.