An Ocuvigil is a Don't Starve Together exclusive Structure, introduced in A New Reign. It is found in the Magic Tab, requires a Purple Moonlens, a Compass and 2 Boards to craft, and a Prestihatitator to prototype. It is used for revealing the fog of war in a certain location to all players, as well as serving as a Map marker.
The fog of war refers to what's happening in the area. The Ocuvigil keeps the area around it loaded so that it can be monitored on the Map.
- It's referred to as a "sentryward" in the game files. Also, a similar structure with the same name and function exists in multiple MOBAs.
- The name "Ocuvigil" is a portmanteau of "oculus" and "vigil".
- Fog of war is a military term for uncertainty in situational awareness.
- It used to be crafted with a Yellow Moonlens, that was replaced by a Purple Moonlens in a later update, as Yellow Gems are not easily available in worlds without Caves.
- The Ocuvigil was added in the East or West, Base is Best update.