Exclusive to: Don't Starve Together.
An Ocuvigil is a Don't Starve Together exclusive Structure, introduced in A New Reign. It is found in the Magic Tab, requires a Purple Moonlens, a Compass and 2 Boards to craft, and a Prestihatitator to prototype. It serves as a Map marker and is also used for revealing the Fog of War in a certain location to all players. Contrary to popular belief, it does not keep the area around it loaded.
- The Ocuvigil was added in the East or West, Base is Best update.
- It's referred to as a "sentryward" in the game files. Also, a similar structure with the same name and function exists in multiple MOBAs.
- The name "Ocuvigil" is a portmanteau of "oculus" and "vigil".
- It used to be crafted with a Yellow Moonlens, that was replaced by a Purple Moonlens in a later update, as Yellow Gems are not easily available in worlds without Caves.
- Placing Ocuvigil on a boat that's been moved with an oar will result in a slow and random, but automatic exploration of the ocean. Creating such set costs 6 planks, compass and a purple moonrock. As of the Waterlogged Update, this can no longer happen.
- Placing Ocuvigil next Bee Queen's hive will keep the players informed whenever she respawns. There are multiple similar uses of this structure such as keeping an eye on the spider dens, the Ruins awaiting to respawn.