“Wearing this makes me feel safe and insecure.”
“Like being wrapped in smoke.”
“Is like wearing scary little rag!”
“A perfectly safe way to go insane.”
“I WILL PROTECT MYSELF WITH NOTHINGNESS”
“A protective shroud that transfers attacks to another dimension.”
“It makes me queasy to look at.”
“Time to wrap myself in nightmares.”
“Armor made from the dark fuel! I cannot wait to see its effects.”
“Ströng, but I find my mind wanders...”
“I'm a bit uneasy wearing this, but it's effective.”
“Eyuk! It makes my skin crawl.”
“Am I crazy to wear this?”
“'TIS ARMOR MADE OF NIGHTMARE BITS”
“Keeps the flesh body safe! The mind's another story.”
“Don't like it, flurp!!”
“Wait... is this dangerous?”
“Shadow magic is just a tool after all, I can use it to my advantage.”
The Night Armor is a wearable Magic Armor, often paired up with a Dark Sword. It requires 5 Nightmare Fuel and 3 Papyrus to craft and a Shadow Manipulator to prototype. It is one of Maxwell's starting items in the single player game.
It has 750 durability and absorbs 95% of physical damage. The Night Armor drains Sanity by 10/min while worn and decreases Sanity by 10% of total damage taken (not only absorbed by the armor).
Example: If a player wearing Night Armor is hit by a Spider Queen (80 ), then
- 80 × 0.95 = 76 damage is taken by Night Armor.
- 80 − 76 = 4 damage is taken by the player's .
- The player's will be decreased by 80 × 0.1 = 8.
In the Hamlet DLC, Night Armors can be bought for 20 Oincs at The Flying Pig Arcane Shop in the Pig City. Night Armors can be used to craft a Vortex Cloak.
Main article: Belongings#Night_Armor
In Don't Starve Together, Skins can be applied to certain items to change their appearance. Information on how to obtain specific skins can be found on the Belongings page.
Woven - Elegant
Corrupted CloakBlack suits you.See ingame
Woven - Elegant
The darkness will protect you.
- It is useful to also equip a head-slot item which can boost sanity, such as the Tam o' Shanter, helping to offset the sanity drain while still having very high physical protection.
- The Night Armor was added in the Insanity! update.
- When paired with the Shelmet or the Thulecite Crown, the player is able to absorb 99.5% of incoming damage (doesn't apply to ), enough to survive a Gunpowder explosion, losing 1 and 20 .
- Wickerbottom states the armor transfers the damage into another dimension.
- The Night Armor makes a "warping" noise when the player moves while wearing it.
Night Armor as seen in the poster for the Insanity!