The Mush Gnome is a Mob exclusive to Don't Starve Together and introduced in Return of Them. They can be found in the Lunar Grotto, and are passive towards the player. They will occasionally spawn Lunar Spores when walking around. When attacked, they spin and spawn multiple explosive Lunar Spores around them. They are immune to the damage caused by the Lunar Spores. When involved in combat, they avoid most mobs and walk away from them.
- A Fire Staff may be a good choice of weapon, as setting a Mush Gnome on fire will cause the explosive lunar spores it produces to be burnt. However, one should keep in mind that making it die to fire damage will cause it to only drop Ash, destroying its original drops.
- Mush Gnomes can be a good way to farm Living Logs.
- The Mush Gnome was introduced in the Forgotten Knowledge update.
- They are considered Monsters and are auto-attacked by Pigs, Bunnymen, or other monster-adverse creatures.
- They glow similar to Slurpers, enough to protect the player from Charlie. The Lunar Spores may be a problem when using them as light sources.