Unlike most other weapons, the Morning Star doesn't lose durability when it strikes. Instead, it loses durability constantly while held. It also emits light while equipped.
The Morning Star's base damage is 28.9, but since it is electrical, it gains a 1.5x modifier, bringing it to 43.35 damage. Additionally, if the target the player is attacking is wet (has a Wetness prefix), there will be an additional 1x modifier for a total of 2.5x. This means that the Morning Star can do either 43.35 or 72.25 damage (when used by characters with normal damage modifiers).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Striking an uncharged Volt Goat with the Morning Star will charge it. This can be useful if the player is hunting for Electric Milk.
- Because of the wetness modifier, this weapon is most useful during Spring, due to the abundance of rain.
- During Spring, the Morning Star can prove very useful in the Caves and Ruins as it provides light and does a high amount of damage.
- In Don't Starve Together, the following enemies are permanently wet, making the Morning Star the strongest melee weapon against them regardless of weather:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In reality, Morning stars are medieval spiked clubs resembling maces.
- While the Morning Star is the equippable item with the largest radius of light, it's highly not recommended to be used as a light source due to the supplies required to craft it.