- 1 Angeline and other family
- 2 "Another of your kind"
- 3 Charlie and Winona's parents
- 4 Aunt Velma
- 5 Curio Collector's family and others
- 6 Gatekeepers
- 7 Genny and Voxola workers
- 8 George T. Witherstone and daughter
- 9 Harold J. Rutherford
- 10 Jack Carter and other family
- 11 Professor Mourire
- 12 Shadow Wilson
- 13 Walani's family
- 14 Walter's mother
- 15 Warly's coworkers
- 16 Willow's caregivers
- 17 Webber's family
- 18 Wendy's hamster
- 19 Wheeler's grandmother
- 20 Ms. Wickerbottom's family
- 21 Wolfgang's family
- 22 Woodie's family
- 23 Woodlegs' family and others
- 24 Wortox's mother and others
- 25 Wilson's nanny
- 26 Wilson's grandmother
Angeline and other family
Warly's Compendium entry explains that as she got older, Angeline started losing her memory. Because of this, Warly abandoned a career as a sous chef in Paris to take care of her.
It is implied in a promotional image for Taste of Home that she taught a young Warly how to fish.
Warly has several examination quotes in Don't Starve Together mentioning Angeline:
- Iridescent Gem- "It glimmers like maman's eyes."
- Anchor Figure- "I think Maman would like this."
- End Table (wilted)- "I hope Maman Angeline is eating well without me."
- Codex Umbra- "Maman used to keep a journal, before her memory went."
- Plum Pudding- "Just like maman used to make."
- Celestial Altar- "You know how to get me home to maman?"
- Gestalt- "Can you... get me home to dear Maman?"
- Soprano Shell Bell- "Maman had a lovely seashell collection."
Warly also mentions his Nana in two quotes. The first is for Seafood Gumbo in Shipwrecked and Don't Starve Together: "Incredible! Just like Nana used to make!" The other is for Shark Fin Soup in Shipwrecked: "I used Nana's secret recipe."
Other members of Warly's family are pictured in the promotional image for Taste of Home, including who is likely Warly's father as well as several silhouetted figures.
"Another of your kind"
Charlie and Winona's parents
Charlie and Winona's parents were shown in a photograph in the animated short Next of Kin.
When nearsighted, Wagstaff has a chance to say "Theoretically, it could be my Aunt Velma." This is also a reference to the Scooby-Doo franchise's running gag involving Velma Dinkley losing her glasses and looking for them frantically while complaining of not being able to see without them.
Curio Collector's family and others
The Curio Collector's boss is mentioned in a quote that may appear when idling at the Trade Inn interface: "I've always been a loner, me. Tha boss mostly lets me alone, which suits me fine."
Two more idle quotes involve his nox, one referring to his past mule, Shadow:
- "My wagon's pulled by a nox. 'Es a good 'un, but 'e can't hold a candle to my old mule, Shadow."
- "What's a nox? Well, I don't know as I can rightly describe it. It's kinda like an ox, but not."
The nox is also referenced in the names of two helmets in The Forge event: the Nox Helm and the Resplendent Nox Helm. The word "nox" is Latin for night.
The Curio Collector's father is mentioned in one of his quotes during the A feastin' pair of birds minigame added during the Don't Starve Together Winter's Feast 2019 event: "My ol' pops taught me this game. Try to remember and match pairs."
The Curio Collector's "mouths to feed" were first mentioned in one of his game over quotes for the Ravin' Wrapper Raiders minigame added during the Don't Starve Together Hallowed Nights 2019 event: "Thanks for helpin', but I can't give you a better trade. I've got mouths to feed, ya'know."
They were mentioned again in a quote for when the Curio Collector gives the player another guess for the A feastin' pair of birds minigame: "I've got mouths to feed. Tha birds will have to find their own feast."
Pugna quotes introduced in the 2017 version of The Forge:
- Introduction- "Gatekeepers? Ha! Have you come to return us to the Throne?"
- Round 2 Banter- "Give the Gatekeepers no quarter!"
- Round 4 End / Round 5 Intro- "Know this, Gatekeepers: Once you are dead, we will activate the Gateway. We'll return to the hub and destroy the Throne. We will end this, once and for all.",
- Round 5 Banter, part 1- "The Gatekeepers must not take the Forge!"
- Round 5 Banter, part 2- "Why are the Gatekeepers still not dead?!"
- Victory- "Please. No more, Gatekeepers. We surrender."
Pugna quotes introduced in the 2018 version of The Forge:
- Round 7 Intro- "You have had many victories, Gatekeepers..."
Genny and Voxola workers
Genny (short for Genevieve) and her fellow Voxola workers first appeared in the animated short Next of Kin. Genny is saved by Winona when a piece of the ceiling was about to fall on her. The other workers can be seen fleeing the Voxola factory after the explosion from Wagstaff's portal caused a fire to break out.
Genny was was named by DST writer Kris during Rhymes with Play #228.
George T. Witherstone and daughter
George T. Witherstone was first named in the third William Carter puzzle. Witherstone was a dealer of Dramatic Props and Magical Apparel who sold magician's equipment to William Carter. When William failed to pay, Witherstone had someone threaten him through a note. This action is partly what motivated William into moving out West.
His first official appearance was in the animated short C'est La Vie, as shown by his monogram and business name on items in his apartment. The short reveals that Witherstone was about to be captured into the Constant by Maxwell, but by pure happenstance was knocked out of the portal by Wes. This allowed him to return home to his daughter who Wes was trying to help throughout the short by retrieving her doll for her.
As established by the animated short, Witherstone and his daughter lived at some point in an apartment in France. There is a passport with the word "America" on his table. He also owns a Phonograph and a photo of someone standing next to a Shadow Watcher.
Harold J. Rutherford
Harold J. Rutherford has only been named in the fourth William Carter puzzle. He was mentioned in the newspaper article for the train crash that William Carter was involved in and is described as a "local businessman and railway investor."
Jack Carter and other family
A postcard he sent to William is featured in the third William Carter Puzzle. It is shown through this postcard that before William moved to America, Jack immigrated there first and decided to move out West to California before the brothers had any chance to meet in New York City. In the fourth William Carter Puzzle there is a postcard addressed to Jack from William. It shows that at the time the postcard was written, Jack lived in Corona, CA.
Jack appeared for the first time in the animated short Wish You Were Here where it is revealed that he looks nearly identical to William, implying that they are also twins. After Wendy's refresh update, Maxwell was given his first quote mentioning his brother for the final stage of Abigail's Flower: "...I wonder how my brother is doing."
Jack and William Carter's mother was first mentioned in the third William Carter Puzzle. In Jack's postcard to William he says "Have you corresponded with mother lately? The post is dreadfully inconsistent out here, I can't believe she hasn't met the twins yet!"
Abigail and Wendy's mother, and most likely Jack Carter's wife, is mentioned only in Wendy's examination quotes.
Wendy associates her mother with the color yellow in two quotes. The first is for the Yellow Gem, "It reminds me of my mother." The second is for the Yellow Moonlens in Don't Starve Together, "What color were mother's eyes?".
The 2019 Winter's Feast event added two more Wendy quotes about her mother and cooking. The first is for eating Holiday Cheer, "Abigail, it's like I can taste mother's cooking..." And the second is for the Sweet Potato Casserole, "Oh Abigail, remember how mother would make this every year?"
Professor Mourire is a spirit medium whose advertisement is seen in an image of Wendy's nightstand that was originally posted with her character update in Don't Starve Together and was later made into a Vignette. Wendy became interested in spiritualists like Professor Mourire and others after the death of Abigail.
The name Mourire may come from the Old French word "mourir" which means "to be dying."
Shadow Wilson is an entity that originally appeared on the main menu for Don't Starve. It would be seen on countdowns to the next update. It was made into a limited edition blind box figure.
Walani mentions her boss in two quotes:
- Captain Hat- "If only the boss could see me now."
- Deerclops Eyeball- "Aw. Kind of reminds me of the boss."
Walani's quote for Dragoon Saliva mentions her brother: "My brother used to do the same thing."
Walter mentions his mother in several quotes:
- Glowcap (on)- "My mom loves collecting odd lamps... I hope she's doing alright."
- Mothling- "Mom would never let me keep a pet bug this big!"
- (Removed) Basic Farm/Improved Farm- "Mom never let me in her garden... not since the Slug Incident."
- Wax Paper- "Mom used to use something like this for baking."
- Leaky Teacup- "My mom would kill me if I cracked her fine china."
- Gingerbread Cookie- "Mom made these every year."
- Toma Root- "Mom had some tomato plants in our backyard."
- Sewing Machine- "My mom has one of those! It looks a bit different, though."
- Deerclops- "I once had a saucier who looked like that."
- Wet Goop- "I am thankful my sous chefs are not around to witness this abomination..."
Willow's caregivers first appeared in the animated short From the Ashes. It was later explained in Willow's Compendium entry that they took over caring for Willow after she was orphaned at a young age.
Webber's father quotes:
- Razor- "I watched my father use one of these."
- Alchemy Engine- "Father used to work on something like that."
- Cartographer's Desk- "Heh heh. I was never allowed in father's study."
- Cartographer's Desk (burnt)- "That's probably why I wasn't allowed in father's study."
- Top Hat- "Like father used to wear."
- Ewelet- "Father taught me how to take care of goats!"
- Steel Wool- "Scratchy, like father's beard!"
- Volt Goat- "My father kept goats."
- Tackle Receptacle- "Father used to take me fishing sometimes."
Webber's mother quotes:
- Bucket-o-poop- "I saw mum use this in her gardens."
- Potted Fern- "Mum would like this nice fern."
- Potted Succulent- "I wonder if mum's ever seen one."
- Sewing Kit- "Mum used to handle all of our sewing."
- Winter Hat- "Mum always said I should take a cap with me."
- Egg (cooked)- "Fried just like mum did."
- Braised Eggplant- "Mum knew I liked it braised."
- Powdercake- "Mum never let me have these."
- Blueprint- "'Follow the instructions', mum always said."
- Eating (stale food)- "Stale like mum's leftovers."
- Trying to sleep on fire- "Mum always said 'Don't sleep in a burning building.'"
- Potter's Wheel (material already present)- "Mom always said to finish my plate before seconds."
- Oven- "Mom said I should be careful around the oven."
- Salmon- "Mom said fish oil is good for our brain."
- Professor and Usher- "Mom told me always to respect my elders."
- Asparagus- "Mom said we should eat our vegetables."
- Tenpiece Oinc- "Mom said we should always save for a rainy day."
- Beaten Beater- "Mom had one of these."
- Can't cook (generic)- "I don't want to. Mom always said the kitchen was dangerous!"
- Failed to do something- "Mom told me never to do that."
- Prepared dish (vegetable)- "Mom said we should always eat our vegetables."
- Holiday Cheer- "It... reminds me of mom's cooking..."
- End Table (empty)- "Reminds me of antique shopping with mother."
- Turkey Dinner- "Like mother used to make before this happened!"
- Marble Statue (bird bath type)- "I broke mother's vase once... she wasn't happy."
- Eating Holiday Cheer- "It... reminds me of mom's cooking..."
- Leafy Meatloaf- "Not quite how mother used to make it."
- Soothing Tea- "Mother used to make tea for me... at least I think she did..."
Webber's grandfather quotes:
- Fishing Rod- "I miss grandpa's fishing trips."
- Rabbit Hutch- "Just like grandpa said, 'You live in what you eat.'"
- Floral Shirt- "Grandpa's style, definitely."
- Kingly Figure- "Reminds me of grandpa."
- Clockwork Bishop- "You don't play by the chess rules that grandpa taught."
- Tam o' Shanter- "Reminds me of grandpa."
- Meatballs- "I used to make these with grandpa!"
- Second-hand Dentures- "Just like grandpa wears!"
- Gramophone- "It looks like grandpa's."
- Wortox (reviver)- "Grandpa always said laughter was the best medicine!"
Whiskers is implied to be the name of a cat that Webber's grandfather owned.
- Kittykit- "You look like grandpa's cat!"
- Catcoon- "A bit more feral than grandpa's cat."
- Cat Tail- "I always liked pulling Whiskers' tail."
Webber's grandmother quotes:
- Creamy Potato Purée- "Just like grandma used to make!"
- Empty Bottle- "It's like the jars grandma used for her preserves."
- Crabby Hermit- "She reminds me of grandma... but meaner."
Wendy mentions a pet hamster she had in her quote for the Year of the Carrat item Speed Gym: "I had a hamster once. It died."
Wheeler mentions a grandmother in her quote for Plugged Sinkholes and Stone Slabs: "My Grandma taught me to always look under rocks." She also refers to her grandmother in an unimplemented quote for Blue Mushtree (webbed): "Mold and a lot of spiders. Reminds me of my Grandma's cellar."
- Lucky Cat Jar- "What a positively adorable kitty cat. Sigh."
- Kittykit- "Now it feels like home."
- Frayed Yarn- "My grandmother used to knit."
- Meaty Stew- "Not quite how mum used to make, but it smells great!"
- Blubber Suit- "My mother would have been proud, I've put so much meat on my bones!"
- Garlic Powder- "Smells like mama used to make."
- Mosquito- "Reminds me of uncle!"
- Mosquito Sack- "Uncle did not have gut like this."
- Tam o' Shanter- "My granddad wore a hat like this."
- Cooked Meat- "Just like my dear old ma used to make."
- Ewecus- "Reminds me of momma!"
Woodlegs' family and others
- Waffles- "Just like me mum used ta open from th' package."
- Rawling- "Reminds me o'me old parrot."
- Accomplishment completed- "If only me shipmates could see me now!"
- Hot Pumpkin- "Me ships cook used to add a dash o' cinnamon."
- Eye of the Tiger Shark- "Reminds me o' me ol' first mate, Wildeye Weston."
Wortox's mother and others
He also mentions imp friends in his quote for the Maxwell Statue: "My old imp friends would like this, I think."
Mumsy- "Reminds me of my old nanny."
Wilson mentions a grandmother in his quote for the Year of the Beefalo Victorian Blueprint item: "I think my grandmother wore something similar."
|Don't Starve||Wilson (quotes ⋅ clothes ⋅ gallery) • Willow (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wolfgang (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wendy (quotes ⋅ clothes) • WX-78 (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wickerbottom (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Woodie (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wes (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Maxwell (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wagstaff (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Reign of Giants||Wigfrid (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Webber (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Shipwrecked||Walani (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Warly (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wilbur (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Woodlegs (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Hamlet||Wilba (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wormwood (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wheeler (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Don't Starve Together||Winona (quotes ⋅ clothes) • Wortox (quotes ⋅ clothes) Wurt (quotes ⋅ clothes) Walter (quotes ⋅ clothes) Wanda (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Removed||Warbucks (quotes ⋅ clothes)|
|Unimplemented||Wilton • Winnie • Wallace • Waverly • Pyro • Watricia|