Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
It has 1050 (735 ) durability and absorbs 95% of physical damage, and will also reduce the player's speed by 30% when equipped. Not considering its durability, the marble armor effectively adds 2850 hp to the average survivor.
- Because of this armor's speed penalty, it is better suited for tanking damage rather than kiting an opponent. This makes it best on mighty Wolfgang who, thanks to his damage bonus, can kill enemies quickly reducing the damage the armor takes and denying the movement speed penalty because of his movement speed boost when well fed.
- This armor's high damage absorption makes it a good tanking armor on characters with low max health, such as Maxwell, allowing them to heal less often when tanking a boss. This is especially true in Don't Starve Together where armor absorption does not stack.
- Due to the speed penalty, it isn't practical to wear this armor all the time. Players can switch to it when they want to tank in combat. Alternatively, a Walking Cane can be equipped along with the Marble Suit, negating most of the speed penalty. However, Walking Cane is not a decent weapon for most encounters. Experienced players can mostly overcome this problem by switching to a weapon before they attack, and switching back to Walking Cane before they dodge.
- In Don't Starve Together, the decreased durability can leave players deterred from the chestplate. If the player desires to save on Marble while still regularly using this powerful chestplate, wearing armor that takes up the head slot is the best course of action. Football Helmets have damage resistance of 80%. By wearing the two pieces of armor, the Marble Suit will only absorb 51.6% of all incoming damage (and 54.3% of all damage absorbed by armor). Doing so, the relatively small 735 durability is effectively increased to 1,353 - almost double.
- The Marble Suit was added in the The End Is Nigh update.
- As of the It's Not A Rock! update, the Marble Suit is renewable, since Marble can be obtained from Earthquakes in Caves. It can also be mined from Marble Shrubs grown from Marble Beans in Don't Starve Together.
- A character wearing a Marble Suit makes a small clanking noise when walking.
- In the May 28, 2020 patch for Don't Starve Together, the cost of the Marble Suit was cut in half to 6 marble and 2 rope. But the durability was also decreased from 1050 to 735.