Mants are Mobs exclusive to the Hamlet DLC. They spawn from Antcomb Homes as Larvae, inside Mant Hills. Mants can mostly be found inside the Mant Hill, or wandering around it. There is also a more aggressive type of Mant called the Warrior Mant that lives in deeper stages of the Mant Hill.
They are hostile Mobs, and will attack the player if they are too close. However, they will first warn the player to leave by glaring at them. Wearing a full set of Mant Armor as a disguise (i.e. Mant Suit and Mant Mask) will make them neutral to the player as long as the armor is worn. Their language is normally indecipherable but it can be understood with the Pherostone in the player's inventory. However, owning one without the Mant disguise won't prevent them from being aggressive.
Mants will consume any food left on the ground.
Telling player to keep away
Eating food on the ground
Asking for trade (player disguised)
Making food requests (player disguised)
Warrior Mant Edit
Warrior Mants are mobs exclusive to the Hamlet DLC. They are similar to regular Mants, but they are only encountered deep inside of the Mant Hill or during the Aporkalypse, where they wear glowing war-paint and take the place of normal Mants. Compared to regular Mants, Warrior Mants are faster, more powerful and always attack the player on sight. They are also not fooled by the Mant Mask and Mant Suit disguise.
Upon death, they drop either one Monster Meat or one Chitin. When examined by a character, the displayed name will be “Warrior”, followed by a six-number figure.
- The player can tell if they are too close to a Mant by looking at its eyes. If it has an angry look (furrowed eyebrows), the player should probably keep back.
- The name "Mant" is a portmanteau of the words "Man" and "Ant".
- The prefab name "antman" may be a reference to the superhero of the same name.
- There are art assets of a creature similar to the Mant, but with notable differences, including a mouth on the front of the face (above the mandibles, almost more human-like) and a lack of arms. A developer confirmed that it is merely an old design for the Mant. 
- ↑ https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/100093-dont-starve-hamlet-the-aporkalypse/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-1128099