–Wickerbottom, when examining a Moonrock Pengull.
The Lunar Island is a unique area exclusive to Don't Starve Together, introduced in Return of Them. It is a remote island located far out into the Ocean and accessible only by Boat. As soon as the players steps onto the island, a special effect will apply that replaces the player's Sanity with an Enlightenment meter.
The Lunar Island consists of five different Biomes:
- The Rocky Beach is mined by Anenemies and contains Reeds and Shattered Spider Holes.
- The Lunar Archipelago consists of multiple small islands containing Sea Bones and Driftwood.
- The Lunar Forest is mostly comprised of Lune Trees with some Shattered Spider Holes.
- The Lunar Baths biome is full of Saladmanders and Stone Fruit Bushes.
- The Lunar Mine contains Boulders, Moon Glass, multiple Celestial Fissures and the Inviting Formations.
Gestalts can be found commonly on the island. When a Hound is killed on the Lunar Island, it has a chance to become a Horror Hound. Moonrock Pengulls will spawn on the island during the Winter, like normal Pengulls do on the mainland.
- To find the Lunar Island, look for a part of the edge your map that looks unnaturally cut off. It will have a completely straight line. Sail perpendicular to that edge to get to the Lunar Islands.
- There are no Sea Stacks or deep water between the main island to the Lunar Island.
- The Lunar Island was introduced in the Turn of Tides update
- Wickerbottom's quote for the "Moon" figure may imply that the Lunar Island is a piece of the Constant's moon fallen into the Ocean. This was later confirmed in the release trailer for Turn Of Tides.
- ↑ "The missing chunk is a recent development."
|Surface||Chess • Grasslands • Graveyard • Forest • Marsh • Mosaic • Rockyland • Savanna
(Desert • Deciduous Forest ) (Beach • Coral Reef • Jungle • Magma Field • Mangrove • Meadow • Ocean • Tidal Marsh • Volcano ) (Battlegrounds • Cultivated • Deep Rainforest • Gas Rainforest • Lily Pond • Pig City • Painted • Pinacle • Rainforest • Suburbs • Wild Plains ) (Lunar Forest • Lunar Mine • Rocky Beach )
|Caves||Mushtree Forest • Rocky Plains • Stalagmite Terrain • Sunken Forest • Cave Swamps|
|Ruins||Labyrinth • Military • Sacred • Village • Wilds
|Related||Bridge • Map • Road (Trail) • Turfs • Abyss
(Interiors ) (Lunar Island )