Exclusive to: Don't Starve Together.
–Wickerbottom, when examining a Moonrock Pengull.
The Lunar Island is a unique area exclusive to Don't Starve Together, introduced in Return of Them. It is a remote island located far out into the Ocean and accessible only by Boat or Woodie's goose form. As soon as the player steps onto the island, a special effect will apply that replaces the player's Sanity with an Enlightenment meter.
The Lunar Island consists of five different Biomes:
- The Rocky Beach is mined by Anenemies and contains Reeds or Shattered Spider Holes.
- The Lunar Archipelago consists of multiple small islands containing Sea Bones and Driftwood.
- The Lunar Forest is mostly comprised of Lune Trees with some Shattered Spider Holes.
- The Lunar Baths biome is full of Saladmanders and Stone Fruit Bushes.
- The Lunar Mine contains Boulders, Moon Glass, multiple Celestial Fissures, and the Inviting Formations.
Gestalts can be found commonly on the island. When a Hound is killed on the Lunar Island, it has a chance to become a Horror Hound. Moonrock Pengulls will spawn on the island during the Winter, like normal Pengulls do on the mainland.
- To find the Lunar Island, look for a part of the map's edge that looks like a horseshoe, the edges of the horseshoe should be cut off, then sail perpendicular to the inner part of the horseshoe to find the Lunar Island.
- There are no Sea Stacks or deep water between the main island and the Lunar Island.
- Woodie's Weregoose form is a viable option for finding the Lunar Island.
- When playing as Wortox, planting Flowers at the Lunar Island, and then farming the resulting Butterflies for their drops is a good way to keep Wortox fed and lower Enlightenment while on the island.
- The Lunar Island was introduced in the Turn of Tides update.
- The Lunar Island is a piece of the Constant's moon fallen into the Ocean. This was originally teased with Wickerbottom's quote for the "Moon" Figure and was later confirmed in the release trailer for Turn Of Tides.
- Wickerbottom quotes, "Moon" Figure: "The missing chunk is a recent development."
|Surface||Chess • Grasslands • Graveyard • Forest • Marsh • Mosaic • Rockyland • Savanna
(Desert • Deciduous Forest ) (Beach • Coral Reef • Jungle • Magma Field • Mangrove • Meadow • Ocean • Tidal Marsh • Volcano ) (Battlegrounds • Cultivated • Deep Rainforest • Gas Rainforest • Lily Pond • Pig City • Painted • Pinacle • Rainforest • Suburbs • Wild Plains ) (Lunar Forest • Lunar Mine • Rocky Beach • Waterlogged )
|Caves||Mushtree Forest • Rocky Plains • Stalagmite Terrain • Sunken Forest • Cave Swamps|
|Ruins||Labyrinth • Military • Sacred • Village • Wilds
|Related||Bridge • Map • Road (Trail) • Turfs • Abyss
(Interiors ) (Lunar Island )