It has 450 durability and absorbs 80% of physical damage. It can also be added to a Campfire or Fire Pit for fuel, even when its durability is nearly gone. Not considering its durability, the log suit effectively adds 600 to a survivor with 150 .
In the Reign of Giants (RoG) and Shipwrecked (SW) DLCs, the Log Suit can be used as a crafting ingredient to obtain better armor. It is an ingredient for Scalemail (RoG) and Obsidian Armor (SW), both of which provide protection against fire, as well as Cactus Armor (SW) which damages attackers.
- If the player is in a place with infinite darkness such as the Caves, the player can equip a Log Suit for damage reduction and a Miner Hat or Moggles to safely fight enemies.
- When paired with the Football Helmet, it will absorb 96% of incoming damage. It is best to put it on last because of the damage calculation of armor and since it is easily renewable. This does not work in Don't Starve Together due to the damage calculation of armor being changed.
- Despite being acceptable fuel for Camp Fires and Fire Pits, a dropped Log Suit will not catch fire from burning objects, campfires, or summoned Star Caller's Staff stars. A similar behavior occurs with the Grass Suit.
- The Log Suit was originally prototyped with the Alchemy Engine.
- A Character wearing the Log Suit makes slight clicking noises while running.