The Lantern is a light source that can be either equipped or placed on the ground to provide light. It requires 2 Light Bulbs, 3 Twigs, and 2 Ropes and requires an Alchemy Engine to be prototyped. It is ideal for Spelunking because it has a larger light radius than any other mobile light source.
“A more civilized light.”Once crafted it lasts 8 minutes before it must be refueled with either Light Bulbs or Slurtle Slimes. Light Bulbs will refuel lantern for 19% which will last for 90 Seconds. Slurtle Slimes will refuel lantern for 9.5% which will last for 45 Seconds. Like a Fire Pit, when fuel is low, the light radius gradually becomes smaller.
- The Lantern was added in the May 21st Caves update.
- You can use Light Bulbs and Slurtle Slime as fuel to restore durability.
- This is the only portable light source that is also refuelable.
- This is the only light source that generates light both when dropped on the ground (like a pumpkin lantern) and held (like a torch), making it useful as both a static and mobile light source. This means that if you need to free your hands (e.g. to hold a weapon), you can drop the lantern and the light won't go out, which is especially handy in the caves.
- This is the only light source that can be manually turned off or on when placed on the ground.
- The lantern also can be used as a weapon, though not dealing any additional damage.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.