The Lantern is a light source that can be either held or placed on the ground to provide light. It requires 2 Light Bulbs, 3 Twigs, and 2 Ropes to craft. Once crafted it'll last 8 minutes, then you'll have to refuel it. You can use Light Bulbs and Slurtle Slimes to refuel. It is ideal for Spelunking because it has a larger light radius than any other mobile light source. Light Bulbs will refuel lantern for 19% which will last for 90 Seconds. Slurtle Slimes will refuel lantern for 9.5% which will last for 45 Seconds. You need an Alchemy Engine or higher to create. Like a fire pit, when fuel is low, the light radius becomes smaller and smaller.
- The Lantern was added in the May 21st Caves update.
- You can use Light Bulbs and Slurtle Slime as fuel to restore durability.
- This is the only light source that is refullable AND portable
- Usually, it is better to use 2 lightbulb to build a new lantern than using it to refuel.
- The lantern also can be used as a weapon, but is does NOT make an extra damage, it damage is like a punch.