The Krampus Sack is a Backpack item. It is an extremely rare drop from Krampus, with only a 1% chance to drop. It has 14 inventory slots, 6 more than a Backpack and 2 more than a Piggyback. It cannot be placed in the player's inventory or in Chests, and it can't be lit on fire.
Even though the importance of only two extra slots may be minimal, the Krampus Sack doesn't slow the player down like the Piggyback does, making it a much better alternative. However, with a lowly 1% drop rate and a significant time investment to spawn a Krampus, it should be said that during any given game it's possible that the player might spend more time trying to get the item than would be saved by not walking slower with the Piggyback. It may be better to ultimately treat the Krampus Sack as an unexpected bonus and/or something to only strive for in one's spare time.
- The quickest way to spawn Krampus is by killing a Glommer, so players should take advantage of every full moon cycle to retrieve the Glommer's Flower and kill the Glommer in an area where any spawned Krampus will quickly die. Neutral mobs will be aggressive towards Krampus, so a Pig or Bunnyman village would be an ideal location to kill a Glommer. Tooth Traps work as well, but because Krampus might steal the traps instead of setting them off, its a good idea to build traps around a chest, then put something common into that chest and spawn Krampus.
- This process can be sped up significantly by saving right before killing the Glommer and rollbacking the server if none of the Krampii drop a sack.
- In the Hamlet DLC, spawning Krampii can be easily achieved by building and robbing banks. Use a panflute to put the banker to sleep, grab his items. Build a new bank & repeat. Two bank heists will result in a Krampii spawn.
- The Krampus Sack was added in the Naughty and Nice update. Before the Underground update, the Krampus Sack didn't appear as an icon on the map.
- When Krampus wears the Krampus Sack, there are no chains surrounding the Sack, while the item obtained from killing Krampus has two chains draped across it. When worn, a faint jingling sound from the chains can be heard while the player is moving.