The Hibearnation Vest is tier 3 warm clothing, with an insulation factor of 240. It restores 4.4 Sanity/min and reduces the rate Hunger is lost by 25% when equipped. Characters that lose Hunger at a normal rate of 75/day will, instead, lose Hunger at a rate of 56.3/day. Wolfgang's normal form will lose 84.4/day while his mighty form will lose 168.8/day, and Wes will lose 70.3/day (only in DS).
Downloadable Content[edit | edit source]
In the Hamlet DLC, the Hibearnation Vest crafting recipe is unavailable, however, a Blueprint for it can be bought with 50 Oincs from The Tinkerer's Tower. The Thick Fur is available at 'The Sty' Oddities Emporium.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Hibearnation Vest is the second best Sanity restoring item in the game, the best one being the Tam o' Shanter and, in the Shipwrecked DLC, the Shark Tooth Crown. It's also the best sanity restoring item for the chest slot.
- Wearing the Hibearnation Vest will mostly negate the Sanity loss during Dusk or Night, and while in the Caves or Ruins. While equipped the sanity loss from darkness is -0.6/min, a value the game considers too small to show a sanity loss indicator. This, combined with the delay of hunger loss and insulation factor, makes the vest highly useful when exploring the Caves and Ruins in Autumn or Winter.
- It is not advisable to spend one`s Oincs on the blueprint of the Hibernation Vest though since the recipe for the Dapper Vest which is needed for crafting is also not available in Hamlet, nor can its blueprint be acquired at The Sty.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Hibearnation" is a play on the words "Hibernation" and "Bear".
- Maxwell's examination quote references a Simpsons episode where Mr. Burns shows off his collection of clothes made from rare animals.