Exclusive to: Shipwrecked.
The Harpoon is a ranged Weapon in the Shipwrecked DLC. It can be obtained from an exploding White Whale Carcass or can be found in X Marks the Spot treasure chests. When this weapon is used to attack, it will be thrown by the player and deal 200 damage upon hitting the target. The Harpoon will land next to its target and can be picked up.
- Character damage modifiers apply to the Harpoon’s damage:
- Wolfgang deals 250-400 damage in Mighty Form and is able to kill Wildbores in 1 shot at 225 hunger, Dragoons and Crawling/Swimming Horrors at 250 hunger, Werepigs at 275 hunger, and Elephant Cacti and Terrorbeaks at 300 hunger. It takes 2 shots to kill Water Beefalo at 225 hunger, Blue Whales at 263 hunger and White Whales at 300 hunger.
- Wigfrid deals 250 damage and can kill Wildbores in 1 hit and Water Beefalo in 2.
- Wendy and Wes only deal 150 damage but it is enough to kill Crocodogs and Sea Hounds in 1 shot.
- A Harpoon can be used to destroy Beehives in a single shot, which does not give a chance for the Bees to defend their home.
- Elephant Cacti take two hits from a Harpoon to destroy. With 10 uses, each Harpoon allows gathering 5 Elephant Cacti. Although there are much cheaper alternatives (such as burning rope next to the cacti or dodging the AOE needles, attacking with melee while wearing a log suit that can be crafted into a cactus armor when durability gets low, etc.) this is a quick and easy way to collecting Elephant Cacti.
- The Harpoon can be seen stabbed in the White Whale's head, which may be a reference to the novel Moby-Dick.