Hallowed Nights is a seasonal event in Don't Starve Together, introduced in A New Reign, that first took place during the Halloween Season from October 18, 2016 until November 8, 2016. In 2017, it started on October 30, and ended on December 4, concurrently with The Forge event. In 2018, it started on October 25, and ended on December 3.
During the event, many exclusive features are available for players to enjoy, such as Halloween-themed Skins, Trinkets, Candies, the Candy Bag and the Mad Scientist Lab. Also, Pumpkin Lanterns, Pumpkins, and special Set Pieces can be found scattered around the world.
Players can revisit this event by setting Events to Hallowed Nights in the world creation menu. Halloween-themed event-only skins will be disabled when revisiting the event, and Halloween Trinkets traded to the Pig King will return one Gold Nugget in place of Candies.
Halloween Trinkets are Halloween exclusive items. They can be found scattered around the world and can be traded with the Pig King for 8 Halloween Candies. The Trinkets can also be used as a Catcoon toy. They stack up to 40 items. The following Trinkets are available, and their spawn codes are
In 2017, nine more Trinkets were added to the game. Their spawn codes are
Halloween Candies are Hallowed Nights exclusive Food items. 5 candies are dropped by Pig King after any valid trade during that time. The Pig King will give out more candy per trade if the player is wearing a costume skin during the event. They restore 0 to 3 , 0 to 3 and 0 to 3 when eaten. Candies stack up to 40 items and do not spoil over time. The following Candies are available, and their spawn codes are
In 2017, three more candies were added to the game. Their spawn codes are
A Candy Bag works similar to a Backpack and is used to store Halloween Candies, Halloween Trinkets and Halloween Decorations, as well as regular Trinkets. It can be crafted with 6 Cut Grass. A Candy Bag can store up to 20 stacks of Candies, Trinkets and Decorations.
The Mad Scientist Lab is a craftable Structure introduced in the 2018 version of the event. It is found in the Science Tab and requires two Electrical Doodads and two Cut Stone to craft. It is always available to craft and does not require prototyping.
Standing next to the Mad Scientist Lab grants players access to the Mad Science Tab where they can conduct several experiments to produce potions. Each of these experiments causes the player to lose a certain amount of their Sanity.
Most of these experiments have several possible outcomes, however, they are all of positive effect for the players. As the cooking process takes a certain amount of time, their results are not immediately available for usage.
The following experiments can be conducted in the Mad Science Tab:
Halloween Decorations are Halloween exclusive items introduced in the 2018 version of the event. They can be found scattered around the world or by harvesting Tumbleweeds and digging up Graves. Their only purpose is to decorate Totally Normal Trees. They stack up to 40 items and cannot be traded with the Pig King. The following Decorations are available, and their spawn codes are
Totally Normal Bats
When chopping Trees or opening Chests, there is a small chance that a swarm of bats will spawn. They will fly around the screen, damaging the player's sanity and making them unable to move for a few seconds. Drinking a Phobic Experiment will negate the sanity loss. This feature was introduced in 2018.
- It is a good idea to trade Halloween Trinkets with the Pig King with several empty Inventory slots, since the Pig King is generally located in a Pig Village and Pigs will try to eat the dropped Halloween Candies when they spot them.
- The Monkey Paw, one of the Halloween Trinkets, is a reference to the horror short story The Monkey's Paw by W. W. Jacobs.
- The Halloween Trinkets and Candies added in 2017 are inspired by Klei Entertainment's other games Griftlands, Hot Lava and Oxygen Not Included.
- Wigfrid can eat most of the Halloween Candies but refuses to eat Not-So-Candy Corn, Raisins, "Raisins" and Lava Peppers.
- Trinket 46 used to be the Duplicated Pumpkin, as seen in the game files from earlier, but it was changed to the Broken Hairdryer upon release.
- The Candy Bag bears a striking resemblance to the character Oogie Boogie from the Nightmare Before Christmas movie
- The Odd Radio, one of the Halloween trinkets, may be a reference to the radio used by Maxwell in "Forbidden Knowledge"
October 30, 2017 - December 4, 2017;
October 25, 2018 - December 3, 2018)
October 24, 2019 - TBA
Winter's Feast (December 15, 2016 - January 5, 2017;
December 18, 2017 - January 8, 2018;
December 6, 2018 - January 24, 2019)
Year of the Gobbler (January 19, 2017 - February 14, 2017)
The Forge (November 9, 2017 - December 4, 2017;
November 8, 2018 - December 3, 2018)
Year of the Varg (February 9, 2018 - March 16, 2018)
The Gorge (June 14, 2018 - July 16, 2018)
Year of the Pig King (January 24, 2019 - March 7, 2019)