Hallowed Nights is a seasonal event in Don't Starve Together, introduced in A New Reign, that first took place during the Halloween Season from October 18, 2016 until November 8, 2016. In 2017, it started on October 30, and ended on December 4, concurrently with The Forge event. In 2018, it started on October 25, and ended on December 3. In 2019, it began on October 24, and ended on December 12. In 2020, it started on October 22, 2020 and ended on November 26.
During the event, many exclusive features are available for players to enjoy, such as Halloween-themed Skins, Trinkets, Candies, the Candy Bag and the Mad Scientist Lab. Also, Pumpkin Lanterns, Pumpkins, and special Set Pieces can be found scattered around the world.
Players can revisit this event by setting Events to Hallowed Nights in the world creation menu. Halloween-themed event-only skins will be disabled when revisiting the event, and Halloween Trinkets traded to the Pig King will return one Gold Nugget in place of Candies.
Halloween Trinkets are Halloween exclusive items. They can be found scattered around the world and can be traded with the Pig King for 8 Halloween Candies. The Trinkets can also be used as a Catcoon toy. They stack up to 40 items. The following Trinkets are available, and their spawn codes are
In 2017, nine more Trinkets were added to the game. Their spawn codes are
Halloween Candies are Hallowed Nights exclusive Food items. 5 candies are dropped by Pig King after any valid trade during that time. The Pig King will give out more candy per trade if the player is wearing a costume skin during the event. They restore 0 to 2 , 0 to 2 and 0 to 2 when eaten. Candies stack up to 40 items and do not spoil over time. The following Candies are available, and their spawn codes are
In 2017, three more candies were added to the game. Their spawn codes are
A Candy Bag works similar to a Backpack and is used to store Halloween Candies, Halloween Trinkets and Halloween Decorations, as well as regular Trinkets. It can be crafted with 6 Cut Grass. A Candy Bag can store up to 20 stacks of Candies, Trinkets and Decorations.
The Mad Scientist Lab is a craftable Structure introduced in the 2018 version of the event. It is found in the Science Tab and requires two Electrical Doodads and two Cut Stone to craft. It is always available to craft and does not require prototyping.
Standing next to the Mad Scientist Lab grants players access to the Mad Science Tab where they can conduct several experiments to produce potions. Each of these experiments causes the player to lose a certain amount of their Sanity.
Most of these experiments have several possible outcomes, however, they are all of positive effect for the players. As the cooking process takes a certain amount of time, their results are not immediately available for usage.
The following experiments can be conducted in the Mad Science Tab:
Halloween Decorations are Halloween exclusive items introduced in the 2018 version of the event. They can be found scattered around the world or by harvesting Tumbleweeds and digging up Graves. Each of them stack up to 40 items.
They cannot be traded with the Pig King, and can only be put on Totally Normal Trees, serving no other purpose than decoration.
The following Decorations are available, and their spawn codes are
Totally Normal Bats
When chopping Trees or opening Chests, there is a small chance that a swarm of bats will spawn. They will fly around the screen, damaging the player's sanity and making them unable to move for a few seconds. Drinking a Phobic Experiment will negate the sanity loss. This feature was introduced in 2018.
- It is a good idea to trade Halloween Trinkets with the Pig King with several empty Inventory slots, since the Pig King is generally located in a Pig Village and Pigs will try to eat the dropped Halloween Candies when they spot them.
- The Monkey Paw, one of the Halloween Trinkets, is a reference to the horror short story The Monkey's Paw by W. W. Jacobs.
- The Halloween Trinkets and Candies added in 2017 are inspired by Klei Entertainment's other games Griftlands, Hot Lava and Oxygen Not Included.
- The Binoculars, Lone Glove, Snail Scale, and Otherworldly Jawbreaker are references to Griftlands.
- The Goop Canister, Toy Cobra, Crocodile Toy, and Lava Pepper are references to Hot Lava.
- The Broken Terrarium, Odd Radio, Broken Hairdryer, and Candy Lice are references to Oxygen Not Included.
- Wigfrid can eat most of the Halloween Candies but refuses to eat Not-So-Candy Corn, Raisins, "Raisins", and Lava Peppers.
- Trinket 46 used to be the Duplicated Pumpkin, as seen in the game files from earlier, but it was changed to the Broken Hairdryer upon release.
- The Candy Bag resembles the character Oogie Boogie from the Nightmare Before Christmas movie.
- Hallowed Nights and Wurt available October 24th! (And more!) Posted on October 18, 2019.
- Forgotten Knowledge And Hallowed Nights Coming Soon!. Posted on October 20, 2020.
|Yearly Seasonal Events||Hallowed Nights (2016-) • Winter's Feast (2016-) • Year of the Gobbler (2017) • Year of the Varg (2018) • Year of the Pig King (2019) • Year of the Carrat (2020) • Year of the Beefalo (2021) • The Midsummer Cawnival (June 2021)|
|Temporary Events||The Forge (November 9, 2017 - December 4, 2017; November 8, 2018 - December 3, 2018)
The Gorge (June 14, 2018 - July 16, 2018)