Gunpowder is a Science item. It requires a Rotten Egg, a Charcoal, a Nitre to craft and an Alchemy Engine to prototype. On rare occasions, it can also be found from mining gold veined boulders. When placed on the ground and lit on fire it will proceed to explode after 3-6 seconds, destroying objects and dealing massive damage in a small radius. It deals 200 damage per charge (can be exploded in stacks), which is more than enough to instantly kill an unarmored player at full health, unless they are playing as Wolfgang.
- This item was added in the A Little Rain Must Fall Update.
- Gunpowder can only be ignited with some sort of fire or another gunpowder explosion
- Gunpowder explosions can cause structures to drop their resource, even if they are on fire.
- Gunpowders explosion has same lighting effect of the lightning strike.
- Real-life black gunpowder is made by combining charcoal (Carbon), nitre (Potassium Nitrate), and sulfur (a common sulfur compound, hydrogen sulfide, is known for smelling like rotten eggs).
- Gunpowder lit in a cave causes an Earthquake to start.