Gunpowder is a Science item. It requires a Rotten Egg, a Charcoal, a Nitre to craft and an Alchemy Engine to prototype. When placed on the ground and lit on fire it will proceed to explode after 3-6 seconds, destroying objects and dealing massive damage in a small radius. It deals 200 damage per charge (can be exploded in stacks).
- This item is added in the A Little Rain Must Fall Update.
- Gunpowder can only be ignited with some sort of fire or another gunpowder explosion
- Gunpowder explosions can cause structures to drop their resource, even if they are on fire.
- Gunpowders explosion has same lighting effect of the lightning strike.
- Real-life black gunpowder is made by combining charcoal, nitre, and sulfur (a common sulfur compound, hydrogen sulfide, is known for smelling like rotten eggs).