Exclusive to: Don't Starve Together.
Grumble Bees are a type of bee Mob exclusive to Don't Starve Together, introduced in A New Reign. They are summoned by the Bee Queen to aid her in fights. They have small wings and a large stinger, a black and yellow abdomen, and brown fur around their head.
The Bee Queen will spawn them in groups of three or four, and they will attack the Queen's target alongside her. Grumble Bees drop a Stinger when killed.
Grumble Bees will kite their target, and will continue chasing them after attacking. They have a high movement speed, which can be boosted even further by the Bee Queen when she does her screech "attack". When they are boosted, they will dart out of reach, dart back and strike, then repeat until the boost ends, making it very hard to kite them during that time.
- As the Bee Queen's health decreases, she starts to spawn Grumble Bees more often. In the early stages, she will only spawn Grumble Bees if none are present, which means that leaving one Grumble Bee alive will prevent her from spawning more early in the fight.
- Grumble Bees were introduced in the Cute Fuzzy Animals update.
- "Grumble Bee" is a play on the words "Bumblebee" and "Grumble".
- They appear to be based on real life Honeybee "drones", the only male bees in the hive.
- However, Maxwell refers to them as female. (Unless he is talking to the Bee Queen that spawned them.)
- Despite being "loyal to the queen", if a Bee Queen accidentally attacks one, all Grumble Bees and Bees in the area will temporarily aggro on the Bee Queen.